ideas for my daggerboard

terraslaser

hey
Im jst preparing the daggerboard to be resprayed. and was woundering if anyone has any good ideas on maybe spraying a design of somesort on the side of the board. if anyone has any ideas let me kno. i fink it would be quite good. i was thinking flames??

thanks!! :)

terraslaser said:
hey
Im jst preparing the daggerboard to be resprayed. and was woundering if anyone has any good ideas on maybe spraying a design of somesort on the side of the board. if anyone has any ideas let me kno. i fink it would be quite good. i was thinking flames??

thanks!! :)

You should paint something that will freak out your competitors if they see your daggerboard underwater. Maybe a shark bite out of the leading edge? Or simulated wings on the foil? Or huge wads of seaweed?

question-why would you spend the extra money to have something painted with a cool design that you don't really want anyone to see? spend the money on something that looks impressive and is really cool- like hydrofoils or a compass or something

i realy like the idea of a shark bite.

quote."question-why would you spend the extra money to have something painted with a cool design that you don't really want anyone to see? spend the money on something that looks impressive and is really cool- like hydrofoils or a compass or something"

the laser is such a boring class. all the boats are exactly the same and it nice to look different and stick out of the crowd.

keep on posting your ideas!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

does anyone remember "silk cut" did the Volvo ocean race in 98 when it was known as "the whitbread ocean race" that had an amazing design, it had a purpel hull with a shark on the bow n sails

my mate just wrote PTO on the underside of his kyack

I'm thinking of writing "If you can read this, I'm winning" on my transom or maybe "Youre already losing, pay attention to the race"

I think you should just put a little picture of a turtle on the daggerboard so that when the boat is compeltely 'turtle-d' the picture of the turtle is facing the right way and standing tall in the sky.

It might take a passer-by a minute or two to figure it out, but when they get it, it might be pretty funny.

With as much up/down movement and friction on the board surface, how long will the painted design last? I imagine whatever is painted on the board would become marred over time.
I'm thinking about applying some cool decals on the sides of my bow just for kicks...I found some cool decals for cars/boats that would work at http://www.signnetwork.com/decals.asp?l1=1
I really like the wind-goddess :)

brendan casey has his rudder blade fully airbrushed, looks pretty cool, you can see it when he's sailing.

Back