I Spy

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
Most people would keep walking, but when I see a dumpster I take a closer look! As The Grateful Dead said so well “One man gathers what another man spills”
E7E92A77-B218-4BE9-90CB-766F82B918B4.jpeg
514CD32D-48A4-413F-AC8E-E22D04530C76.jpeg

I left a nice note on the door for the property owner and by the afternoon I met a great guy and scored not one, but two sets of free Sunfish spars and an original sail, stored in that shed for over 40 years, still in great shape.
It’s a good day!

Last edited:
What a score and would like to see them once they are cleaned up. Also like that Grateful Dead line-I've been listening to them a bit out back this summer and have been referring to my backyard as "the hippy ghetto". I would really like to get another set of spars and buy a red and white sail for my norcal Sunfish like I have for the old one in Wisconsin. It would be cool to have a choice.:D What a find!

Quote: “Also like that Grateful Dead line-I've been listening to them a bit out back this summer and have been referring to my backyard as "the hippy ghetto"

Love it! It’s great having good tunes playing while tinkering around the yard.
Another Dead line that came to mind with this find: “The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean!”

Norcalsail, I also admired the look and fit of that red and white LP sail on your Wisconsin boat. I looked it up and saw that it sells for $250. Is it cut differently or a different weight or material than the sail you have on your California boat now? I’ve seen new sails (unofficial) sell for $100 less, but quality most likely is not the same.

There is so much music that I've been listening to over the years and I realize I still don't know what the heck they're saying much of the time!
"The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean", describes your find so well...
I had been considering a cheaper sail for the Old Fish in WI but decided on the official sail which I bought directly from LP because they had the red and white- time was running out and I wanted it to be there when I arrived. Glad I did. It cost $250 and is exactly like the one that came with my new boat last summer. Full cut, window and Sunfish logo, just the color was different of course. I was really close to going with the red and white last summer....hhmmm.

Back