I need a Harken 466 block

Chainsaw

Brmmm Brmmm
Who wants to swap me one. Can't find them in NZ. Not even at Harken NZ.

I am willing to trade my Ben Ainslie Laser Campaign book (incl.CD) in pretty damn good condition, for a 466 either new or second hand as new.

yhst-32154317745271_1962_737828

You send me the block, I send you the book. No money need change hands, just PM me.

Saw, try this, the Holt Allen 25mm High Tension block for the boom side of the vang, through APS is product # HA4993, and has a breaking strength of 1653 pounds, it's used in the UK a lot. I've been using it for awhile and I like it, also it does not have a becket, as the line passes through the block, its pretty sweet.
http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d261000/e260628.asp

Yeah I know, thing is I live in New Zealand. The plan is it is cheaper and faster to have one of you good NA's send me it in an envelope than have to pay government taxes and wait 21 days shipping etc.

Saw, try this, the Holt Allen 25mm High Tension block for the boom side of the vang, through APS is product # HA4993, and has a breaking strength of 1653 pounds, it's used in the UK a lot. I've been using it for awhile and I like it, also it does not have a becket, as the line passes through the block, its pretty sweet.
http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d261000/e260628.asp
That would be a good option two i think. I like the idea of no becket, and threading it through the sheeve arbor, but you'd need two shackles at the vang key end to attach it which is getting a bit clumsy. The 466 is perfect fit, ready to run.

Try emailing the guy who runs Intensity Sails (Jim Meyers) at styluscentral AT mac DOT com. If you explain your situation he might be able to help you out himself. He is a local Laser sailor, and Intensity Sails is a small local business.

That would be a good option two i think. I like the idea of no becket, and threading it through the sheeve arbor, but you'd need two shackles at the vang key end to attach it which is getting a bit clumsy. The 466 is perfect fit, ready to run.

you don't need two shackles, the vang key goes through the block head, just like the 466, trust me, I have it

Have just checked the catalogue...no 4993 available in there. LOL, what kind of country are we running out here?

I had to call them, they definetly have it. It might not currently be in stock, but they can get it. Trust me, go with this block, it's much better

Have just checked the catalogue...no 4993 available in there. LOL, what kind of country are we running out here?

APS shows the 4993 in the image on their webpage, but it is not listed in the numbers you can actually select to order.

The 4993 is shown on the Holt webpage here (click on the product table).

APS is constantly getting new things in, and things are always flying out the door, that is why it is always best to actually call when you order, because they might actually have it, and have just not updated their website yet.

Yeah heaps of good stuff on that page online, but I'm refering to a NZ catalogue which has about 15 options for wire blocks of suitable SWL and only 3 are less than 30mm diameter - class legal. Will go see them myself on saturady and ask what's up.

The block I'm talking about fits the bill perfectly! I'm tellin ya, shout them an email!

The block I'm talking about fits the bill perfectly! I'm tellin ya, shout them an email!
I tried the email route a few days ago....waiting...

eye to eye is best I think. I see now that when you google harken NZ you get the option of viewing this thread! LOL... in trouble now!

Back