I need a bailer

I have one on an old boat that is trashed and I can't remove it. How do I cut it out or is there a way to remove it. The nut holding it in is siezed and rounded off from the previous owner

If you own a Dremel Tool with a small cut-off wheel, use it to cut the cast aluminum nut off on the cockpit side of the assembly. Then just tap the nutless shank with a little hammer and it should pop out.

By the way, my DePersia bailer sold to the first responder several hours ago.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

If you own a Dremel Tool with a small cut-off wheel, use it to cut the cast aluminum nut off on the cockpit side of the assembly. Then just tap the nutless shank with a little hammer and it should pop out.

By the way, my DePersia bailer sold to the first responder several hours ago.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Thanks, I am retrofitting the new style bailer on. I still have to retrofit the new style rudder as well.

Marshmaster,

Do you need a new style rudder assembly and the other hardware to do the rudder system retrofit? I have these items at decent prices. E-mail me directly at: [email protected] if you are interested.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Woodwind,

I do not have this part, but any good hardware store should have an assortment of stainless washers. If not, try a specialty fasteners store like Fastenal (sp?) Bring the pintle with you to get a good fit.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

If you pound out an old De Persia bailer, make sure to check the cockpit/hull seam in the bailer hole. If you see any tiny, or large, gaps, squirt your sealant of choice into there. Ours is thickened epoxy. Water can get in that seam and fill the boat. Ask us how we know :)

Sassy Kent.jpg

I have one on an old boat that is trashed and I can't remove it. How do I cut it out or is there a way to remove it. The nut holding it in is siezed and rounded off from the previous owner
If you're trashing the boat, use a Sawzall to cut the boat from around it.

Take the ragged piece to a bench grinder with a wire wheel on it, and wire-brush the fiberglass away from the aluminum De Persia bailer. :cool:

Back