Hurricane Sally Report

I like the old A-4s... I knew an old A-4 pilot once who used to come down to the health spa under the Shores, and we'd talk about various military aircraft. The Warthogs I see nowadays fly out of Fort Huachuca, which is the last major electronic listening post the U.S. has in the Lower 48, or so I heard. Discounting satellites, I suppose. I remember seeing the A-10 Thunderbolts back in the day, those were great infantry support planes... not as fast as their big brothers, but heller maneuverable in tight quarters. As an old skateboarder, I've always appreciated maneuverability, LOL... :eek:

My car is now clean, inside & out, and I feel better about tomorrow's interview, even if the hiring folks never see the car. I once had a friend whose dad was a big wheel at B.F. Goodrich, the tire company, he was VP or whatever... well, this older VP dad told my friend that when it came to renting out properties, once you were done talking to prospective tenants, you should walk 'em out to their vehicle and surreptitiously get a look inside their rig. If it was all trashed out, well, that was the way they'd probably treat your rental unit, LOL. I always thought that was a funny way to make your decision... ;)

And who knows whether one of the recruiters won't see me in the parking lot? It's okay to drive an older rig, as long as the older rig is WELL-MAINTAINED, and NOT some friggin' BEATER, LOL. In fact, many folks here drive older cars, some in immaculate showroom condition... I just want my old Camry to look alright in the lot, and NOT look like some rolling wreck, 10-4? I even went to the trouble of laying out my clothing and polishing ye olde work boots... well, not really polishing them, but applying leather conditioner. First impressions are important during interviews, all else can be overcome, LOL. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm making turkey soup this evening out of the T-Day bird, and my home smells wonderful... it's almost time to strain the bones out of the soup and start adding the veggies, which I'll do here in a moment. Later, a big bowl of turkey scraps and some large elbow macaroni will be added to the mix, in that order. Hey, if Godzilla tears up my double-wide tonight, you'll know the reason... for those youngsters who aren't familiar with Godzilla, he was a ginormous fake dinosaur (actually a man in a zippered suit acting like a monster in front of the camera). Probably dating myself here... :confused:

Y'all be good, I'm off to get things done in the kitchen, it's a great place to hang out right now with all the righteous cooking aromas, LOL. I'll watch a movie later as I mack a big ol' bowl of this soup, it's always DEE-LICIOUS and it brings back great memories of years past, 10-4??? And with the pasta added toward the end of the cooking process, each bowl of soup is like a meal in itself... I used rice as a soup filler in years past, but I've come to like the pasta better, though I'll still use rice now & then for nostalgic purposes. Pasta is more filling, this soup won't suck when I'm done with it, LOL... CHEERS!!! :cool:

All better now. Home Depot home delivery to the rescue.

75DBA4E5-A746-4EBD-BA67-40D7F13F95E9_1_201_a.jpeg

Cleaned up the jagged edge.

8BCFAE79-43BD-40BA-959A-229ED72AE285_1_201_a.jpeg

IMG_1343.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpeg

"The Boat Doctor Is In!!!" :D

That's a line from 'Peanuts'---with Lucy sitting in as doctor, LOL. :eek:

Nice pics, they'll show details to those who've never done this sort of work. I like the cross-section shots, they show how the boat was built... good stuff. ;)

Another glorious morning here in scenic southeastern Arizona... I'm drinking 'Bengal Spice' herbal tea while watching dawn over the Dragoons, WOOHOO!!! :rolleyes:

Might have to visit Tombstone today, maybe drive to the Stronghold and f#% around on some boulder outcrops, weather will be nice later!!! :)

I'm stoked because I have work lined up, and it's 'prevailing wage' work so I'll be able to repay my brothers pronto... don't like being indebted to ANYBODY. :confused:

Think I'll put up Christmas lights this weekend, now that the future is looking more cheerful... keep up the good work, SC, "YOU DA MAN!!!" :rolleyes:

Pretty soon, that hurricane damage will just be a bad memory... this is one year that I'll be glad to see out, due to all the crazy bull$hit!!! :cool:

Just caught a blurb on the radio about Jupiter & Saturn appearing near one another in the night sky on Dec. 21st, they'll form a phenomenon known as "The Christmas Star!" How cool is that? Maybe this year won't end so badly after all, despite the ugly months behind us. This is a good area for stargazing too, so the sky should be awesome!!! I'll have to mark that event upon my calendar, just to remind myself to look up at the night sky on Dec. 21st... lately nights have been clear & chilly, today marks the 13th day so far this fall season where I've found ice in the birdbath. I reckon it'll be a cold winter, but that's okay, I can crank my gas furnace now that I know I'll have money to pay the bill, LOL. :confused:

Another chilly morning with ice in the birdbath... we're barely into December and that makes 2 weeks of freezing or subfreezing weather so far in this fall season, though the days were not consecutive. The past week or so has been consecutive, with ice every morning... y'all better get ready, the next ICE AGE is on its way, LOL. Global warming!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, SC, that shot of lights on the pier has inspired me, and I'm gonna hang Christmas lights today & tomorrow, LOL. My life just took a more positive and cheerful turn too, and things are looking up... my neighbor down the hill already put up some colorful lights, and they are quite festive and cheerful!!! I'm not gonna get too extravagant, I'm just gonna put up a few strings of lights in my front windows, plus the prefab bell & candle "light sets"---those are cool, the bell even rocks back and forth like it's being rung. I'm gonna put a string of lights up around my bar, maybe even leave 'em up all year, redneck-style, if they look heller cool, LOL. :rolleyes:

Right now, my bar is called "The Dixie Land Mermaid Bar" (see pics below), but once I add the lights I may have to modify the name somehow... bring those colorful lights into it, LOL. Damn, I ran some errands and I'm taking a break, my feet are friggin' tired again... they'd better toughen up with this project on the horizon, I'll be on my feet for much of the day with that job. I just loaded 60 beers into my fridge, two 30-packs of tinnies, LOL... I still have some of those Elysian Space Dust IPAs and Kilt Lifters in there, but sometimes I like a regular old watery domestic beer, ya know? Coors or Bud, depending upon whatever's still in stock at the store. That's a holdover from sailing, drinking tinnies... no loss if they get spilled, no getting torn up in the hot sun, LOL. ;)

I RECKON I'LL POUND ONE OF THOSE TINNIES RIGHT NOW BEFORE I GET STARTED ON THE LIGHTS... HERE ARE THE BAR PICS, CHEERS!!!

IMG_1202.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

P.S. Light wasn't very good, and those shadows are in the way, but meh, you can still see "The Dixie Land Mermaid Bar!!!" Open 24/7/365, no Kalifornia Prohibition here in Cochise County, LOL. Cheers!!! :cool:

Oh, yeah, check out the birthday cards I left on my bar for the past five months... those five months were rough, but now the worst is over, had to leave the cards on the bar to cheer myself up during the worst of that ugly dry spell. :(

Meh, it's my home, I'll leave the cards there till my next birthday if I want, LOL... might even tack 'em to the wall like they do in Mexico. I suppose I should staple a dollar bill somewhere on the back wall, same way those Tijuaneros do in B.C., it'll add that "international" touch, LOL. :eek:

Last edited:
Hull graft is dry so we worked on the deck graft.

IMG_1406.jpeg

Calibrated sharpie, red.

IMG_1405.jpeg

Used sime fiberglass from the donor boar to make a backer plate. Glued in with THIXO Wood.

IMG_1419.jpeg

Trimmed the deck piece to fit and then adhered it with THIXO Wood. Put down some plastic then blocks and strips of fiberglass to spread out the weight of the sandbags.

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1444.jpeg

IMG_1486.jpeg

Fiberglass cloth in the seam to help keep THIXO epoxy in place.

IMG_1489.jpeg

Skipper wet out the cloth with TotalBoat 5:1 High Performance epoxy.

IMG_1491.jpeg

Last shot of the expanding foam adhesive on top of the flotation block, seam need to be clamped whil;e the foam expands to ensure proper seam alignment.

IMG_1496.jpeg

New adhesive to fasten Capn Jack's bow handle stainless repair plate to the deck, that was his fix to where a previous bow handle had torn off and left a hole in the bow. We added a strip of fiberglass cloth to act as a catch basin for a THIXO blob, that will fill and seal the hole. Just to confuse you I have the stainless plate turned around facing the wrong way.

IMG_1498.jpeg

Whoa, check out those clamps! I'm not gonna call 'em OLD, since they were made in the same decade I was born, LOL. ;)

Nice progress on the repairs! Great photo documentation too, shows the novice repairmen (and women) how you're handling the task! :rolleyes:

Had a long steady soaker of a rain last night, much-needed by farmers & ranchers as well as other residents of Cochise County... :D

Now the air is so clean & fresh, it was ALREADY clean & fresh but the rain really made it crystal clear, I can see for miles across the San Pedro Valley! :)

After I eat some hot cereal for breakfast, I'm gonna return some library materials, pull a recon of the skatepark, and enjoy quality time with the kittehs! :cool:

Edit: Haircut later too, gotta cut it short for the mandatory hardhat action in weeks & months ahead... :confused:

Last edited:
Excellent documentation of this major surgery. This is so helpfnul to guys like me in the middle of these type repairs. One question regarding your clamping procedures. In some of your previous videos on this deck / hull splitting and resetting, it appeared you were clamping every 3 to 4 inches using the waxpaper wrapped paint sticks. These photos show the clamps are much closer. Is this just because of the severity of the damaged area? Would your regular procedure still work well on a normal seam reset? I don't have near as many clamps as you do so the spacing makes a difference on how much of the seam we can reset with one batch of mixed epoxy. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

Excellent documentation of this major surgery. This is so helpfnul to guys like me in the middle of these type repairs. One question regarding your clamping procedures. In some of your previous videos on this deck / hull splitting and resetting, it appeared you were clamping every 3 to 4 inches using the waxpaper wrapped paint sticks. These photos show the clamps are much closer. Is this just because of the severity of the damaged area? Would your regular procedure still work well on a normal seam reset? I don't have near as many clamps as you do so the spacing makes a difference on how much of the seam we can reset with one batch of mixed epoxy. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
Just use a hundred bar clamps. ;)

SC, why "wood" Thixo?

LA, we used all the clamps because we couldn't bring ourselves to leave any of the out, we only needed about half that many :)

We have made cheap "clamps" out of thick wall 4 inch diameter PVC pipe. Cut sections about 2 inches wide, then cut a slit. Insto-Clamp.

PVC clamps Howie clamps.jpg

VIPER Audrey Clamps foam pvc.JPG

L&VW, we used THIXO Wood because that is what we had. It is THIXO colored with wood flour, same properties. We have a pile of tubes that Jamestown Distributors sent us to use on a catboat we are building. Catboat delayed due to Hurricane repairs. Cut out the keel batten, laminated the deadwood, stem and transom early Summer.

Muslin cloth between layers of cypress, bedded in thickened epoxy adhesive both sides, to form a waterproof membrane.

IMG_5200.jpeg

IMG_5204.jpeg

IMG_5523 2.jpeg

IMG_5202.jpeg

Log of MARGARET ROSE.

LA, we used all the clamps because we couldn't bring ourselves to leave any of the out, we only needed about half that many :)

We have made cheap "clamps" out of thick wall 4 inch diameter PVC pipe. Cut sections about 2 inches wide, then cut a slit. Insto-Clamp.

View attachment 42994

View attachment 42993

L&VW, we used THIXO Wood because that is what we had. It is THIXO colored with wood flour, same properties. We have a pile of tubes that Jamestown Distributors sent us to use on a catboat we are building. Catboat delayed due to Hurricane repairs. Cut out the keel batten, laminated the deadwood, stem and transom early Summer.

Muslin cloth between layers of cypress, bedded in thickened epoxy adhesive both sides, to form a waterproof membrane.

View attachment 42996

View attachment 42997

View attachment 42998

View attachment 42995

Log of MARGARET ROSE.
Thanks for the info. Love the pvc pipe idea. We will make it work.

"Ops Check a hammock..." Now THAT is a damned good idea, LOL. ;)

Been on the phone & computer all day, I got ahold of an old skateboarding pal of mine, we go back clear to high school... after the Army, he scored a job with Intel, and I guess he's now working as project manager on a job in Chandler, Arizona, go figure. His family lives up in Oregon, but he's down here for the duration, so now he and his grown son are on their way to my home to par-tay, BBQ, shoot pool and spend the night, LOL. :rolleyes:

It'll be like old times... I once ran away from home and lived at the Howard House all summer, we built a big ol' wooden halfpipe in the driveway and skated hard that year, I actually wrote about this in my story, 'TRIX ARE FOR KIDS.' Damn, it's great to reconnect, we're gonna go offroading manana and stop in Tombstone for a cold beer at Big-Nose Kate's Saloon. I'm looking forward to this visit, it'll be a blast from the past and a solid connection for the future... :D

We had so much fun together in the old days... I even spoke to his mom in Idaho, and his brother too, I'm gonna help that brother get on board with this guardrail outfit. His brother (who's also like family to me) wants to relocate to Arizona, and this gig might help him do that... I'll help him out too, since I'm already on the ground, so to speak, and it'll be awesome to have close friends living nearby again! Very exciting, this whole reunion deal, just like family, ya know? :)

So I'm a happy camper, my home is starting to feel more & more like a home in the old days, with folks dropping in all the time... my home in Coronado was like that, centrally located and very comfortable. Folks knew they could always get a good meal and crash out if necessary, that to me is the definition of hospitality, and NOBODY ever goes away from my home hungry, I guaran-f#%n'-tee it, LOL. Alright, I'm off to have fun, CHEERS!!! :cool:

P.S. Signal Charlie, you & Skipper are doing a fine job on restoring those boats!!! You're hired!!! LOL... wait, you already have a job. ;)

Great job fixing up WAVE! Nice that Skipper keeps her boat. Is that your dock? Oh man, that is the life!

Cowboy, you're in AZ? Where do you sail?

Mixmkr, you certainly could fasten the flange with screws, or nuts and bolts. Might even be able to use the old rivet holes somehow, or rivet? Our friend Doug built most of the wooden Drascombes back in the 60s and 70s and the used nuts and bolts to fasten the laps until the adhesive dried, then removed the hardware and bunged the holes. The challenge with the deck edge flange is that there is not a ton of real estate to work with there, holes would need to be placed carefully so as not to go into the inner hull. We've seen that done from overzealous rivet replacements.

Pop Quiz, how many designed holes are there in the 1960-1987 style fiberglass boats? We'll start the list...you add on...
1. Coaming (Splashguard) 13
2. Halyard block 2
etc...

You're welcome. LAWilliams take photos and let us know how it works out.

Cactus, not just any hammock...Skipper always feels special because her hammock has the spreader bars, which you couldn't have back in the olden Navy sailing days i.e. USS Constitution and Portsmouth. You could get flogged if they found you using a spreader. She has that cell memory of tall ships, her ancestor Lt Benjamin F. B. Hunter sailed a few ships, and was instrumental in the Conquest of the Californias. Our boats...ha, "our boats"...Skipper's boats WAVE, PHOENIX, CYANE and ONKAHYE are named after boats that he sailed. FMI: Who Fired That Cannon?

Pawley's Island Rope Hammock.png

Fremont, topical name, one of Lt Hunters missions was to resupply John Fremont and his Freedom Fighters, taking the 30 foot launch from USS Portsmouth up the Sacramento River. So when we see the bear on the California flag we know that Ben helped out with that group. Passages from Fred Blackburn Roger's book Montgomery and the Portsmouth describe the boatload of supplies sent to Fremont.
"Soon came the task of loading the Portsmouth's launch with the requisitioned supplies, among which were: "5 Bbls Flour, one dozen pork, one box soap, 2 boxes tobacco, 10 lbs candles, 3 dozen pair stockings, 100 Blue Flannel shirts, one sack coarse salt, one Breaker, 50 lbs Lead, 400 Percussion Caps, 37 yards Russia Duck, 73 yards No. 6 cotton canvas, 4 lbs. twine, one box Medicines, 500 lbs iron.
The launch was of good size: 30' length, 8'5" beam and 3'10" depth. When it departed June 11 it was deeply laden, for addition to the supplies it carried Lieut. B. F. B. Hunter (in charge), Gillespie and his colored servant, Purser James H Watmough, Asst. Surg Marius Duvall, Robert E. Russell, a pilot, and "a lawless Frenchman who had crossed the mountains with Capt. Fremont".[34]
There might have been whiskey onboard as well...

And yes that is our pier, we are very familiar with the reconstruction of it now. A few more bolts, screws and a splash of rum and it will be fully operational.

Gelcoat is a challenge. First, the surface must be super smooth, fair and dust free. Then there is temp. and humidity as gelcoat cure is sensative to both.
I try to pick a dry day, temp. in the mid- to high-70s. Mix it up,brush on with a foam brush, let cure, then wet sand to get the imperfections out.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Mixmkr, you certainly could fasten the flange with screws, or nuts and bolts. Might even be able to use the old rivet holes somehow, or rivet? Our friend Doug built most of the wooden Drascombes back in the 60s and 70s and the used nuts and bolts to fasten the laps until the adhesive dried, then removed the hardware and bunged the holes. The challenge with the deck edge flange is that there is not a ton of real estate to work with there, holes would need to be placed carefully so as not to go into the inner hull. We've seen that done from overzealous rivet replacements.

Pop Quiz, how many designed holes are there in the 1960-1987 style fiberglass boats? We'll start the list...you add on...
1. Coaming (Splashguard) 13
2. Halyard block 2
etc...

You're welcome. LAWilliams take photos and let us know how it works out.

Cactus, not just any hammock...Skipper always feels special because her hammock has the spreader bars, which you couldn't have back in the olden Navy sailing days i.e. USS Constitution and Portsmouth. You could get flogged if they found you using a spreader. She has that cell memory of tall ships, her ancestor Lt Benjamin F. B. Hunter sailed a few ships, and was instrumental in the Conquest of the Californias. Our boats...ha, "our boats"...Skipper's boats WAVE, PHOENIX, CYANE and ONKAHYE are named after boats that he sailed. FMI: Who Fired That Cannon?

View attachment 43009

Fremont, topical name, one of Lt Hunters missions was to resupply John Fremont and his Freedom Fighters, taking the 30 foot launch from USS Portsmouth up the Sacramento River. So when we see the bear on the California flag we know that Ben helped out with that group. Passages from Fred Blackburn Roger's book Montgomery and the Portsmouth describe the boatload of supplies sent to Fremont.

There might have been whiskey onboard as well...

And yes that is our pier, we are very familiar with the reconstruction of it now. A few more bolts, screws and a splash of rum and it will be fully operational.
Skippers historical nautical information is awesome. Love the boat names and the history behind them. We will update when we get some decent weather to seal the deck / hull.

Ive been using the Preval sprayers for 30 yrs now, for gelcoat. Get it thin enough just to spray...no more or it will run. Surface needs to represent final outcome, prior to spraying, just like paint.
Lastly gelcoat needs to be sealed from air to cure and many add wax or spray it afterwards. I stopped doing that years ago and add up to 30-40% a product called Duratec. Eliminates the wax, helps thin and brings out a gloss you wouldn't believe, if you spray decently. I take my time and spray multiple thin coats..with about 10 minutes between coats. After 4-5 passes, it should be covering and also starting to kick. Throw away the PreVal ( I buy them in bulk)...or clean with acetone. I then with a good spray job can sand with 4-600, and final buff with AquaBuff...a killer compound that can take out #400 grit scratches. DON'T use it on your nice car finish...it will leave swirl marks on a new factory paint job. Gelcoat can be more forgiving.
Color matching is another lengthy topic. If you can spray to an edge, that helps immensely. Feathering gelcoat doesn't happen, unless you spray a final clearcoat...so abutting colors need to be a perfect match to not be seen. Then the sheen must match as well.

Last edited:
Lastly...when the job is super large....thats when using paint becomes preferred and just paint the entire boat. Matching colors no longer happens and the boat gets a new dress as well!. Check out Awlcraft 2000, if not using Brightside or equivalent. It can be final sanded and buffed to a mirror finish and is a 20 yr paint, like it's "parent" Awlgrip. Gorgeous results if youre hslf way handy especially with darker colors. Great for stripes, etc over tape and the like.

SC: You have a Pawleys Island Hammock! I suspected as much... I LOVE my Pawleys Island Quilted Beach Stripe Hammock, it is the 3-season bomb! Well, hell, 4-season really, since I was in the Infantry, LOL... ;)

Fremont, I'm in Benson, a small burg east by southeast of Tucson on I-10 in Cochise County. However, I lived in Show Low for two years prior to coming here, and I used to sail my Minifish on lakes in the White Mountains, a regular paradise on earth! :rolleyes:

Here, my plan was to take two weeklong paid sailing vacations in San Diego every year, maybe three with the other two paid days tacked onto a long weekend, but that plan all went south earlier this year when I hollered at some fool prison inmate for lighting his stanky-@ss cigarettes near fuel containers on the job... :confused:

God forbid I hurt the poor inmate's feelings while he endangered the lives of everybody else in the workplace! I STILL can't believe that whole raw deal, considering it was a MAJOR OSHA VIOLATION, plus I had already asked this clown NOT to do it at least a dozen times, PFFFFFFT. :mad:

Fooliot would spark cigarettes while fueling carts or equipment at the 1000-gallon gasoline tank outside the barn or maintenance shed... he'd also smoke atop fuel cans containing gasoline & AvGas, as well as a propane tank inside the building, flicking his hot cigarette ash directly over the containers & tank. :eek:

It's a long ugly story, but this is one of those election years where criminals and jackholes get a free pass while hard-working taxpayers are left holding the bag, AYE? I couldn't believe it when the management let me go, hand... I was like Scarface: "WHAT, ARE YOU F#%NG KIDDING ME?!?!?" :mad:

I used to haul nothing BUT hazardous materials clear across the continent, including Class 3 flammable loads of drummed-up waste, so I'm especially sensitive to that whole issue, ya know? I wish the dirtbag had simply blown himself up before the whole incident led to my termination... :(

I worked HARD at that job too, cleaning up the disgustingly filthy shop (dead animals & thick layers of dust on the shelves, zero organization) and bringing 65 gas-powered golf carts up to speed, running strongly. Many certified mechanics won't touch those carts, the electronic manual is 200 pages long, go figure... :eek:

Meh, here's my new plan: get on board with the county or ADOT, rack up the paid vacay, and do it all over again with the Dago visits... just chaps my @$$ that I could've ALREADY taken TWO weeklong paid sailing vacations out there, and I'm talking about sailing to Catalina and $h!t!!! GRRRRRRRR!!! :mad:

You know what? F#% it, I just had a BLAST with a long-lost skateboarding friend from Coronado in my high school days... this guy is hardcore, he retired from the Infantry last year after 33 years of service, he was even wounded by an IED in Afghanistan but he kept on charging, he ain't no whiner, LOL. ;)

This hand and I go WAY back, and we're both from ugly broken homes, yet we're doing our best to persevere & prevail, aye? I got to meet one of his five kids who came along for the ride, never met him before but we all had a wonderful time catching up, drinking beer by the outdoor campfire, shooting pool, etc. :D

Anyway, this hand has a home & family up in Oregon, but he's currently working for a tech outfit as project manager on the construction side, putting up a facility here in Arizona, not two hours away! When I contacted him and learned this, I said, "DUDE, GET YER @$$ OUT HERE & BRING THE KID!!!" :rolleyes:

Had a really good time, now they've returned to the construction project upon which they're both working, and I'm getting ready to call it an early night prior to an 0400 wake-up call and a BIG DAY manana on the new job. So let me cut this long-winded spiel short, time to make custom sandwiches for lunch, LOL... :cool:

I'LL BE TOO BUSY MONDAY THRU THURSDAY TO BOTHER Y'ALL, NO WORRIES, BUT THE 3-DAY WEEKENDS WILL BE NICE... SO I'LL RATTLE YER CAGES ON WEEKENDS, LOL. CHEERS!!! ;)

Last edited:
L&VW most of the donor fish has gone to the landfill. The biggest chunk I have left is a forward section of the port side hull.

Progress! She's coming right along... with such widespread damage at the outset, it'll be a challenge to get all those repaired areas smooth enough for primer & topcoats of paint. Whenever I had rough areas to smooth down, I tried to get 'em as flat as possible before priming, and often used two coats of primer to smoothen out small or barely-noticeable irregularities. Two topcoats of paint afterward, to further hide the small stuff... just my own system back in the day, but you're on top of this repair to catastrophic damage, and WAVE will sail again, I can tell by the strength of your commitment. When she's all done, you should post 'Before & After Pics' next to each other, like those somewhat unbelievable dieting ads or muscle-building ads, LOL. :eek:

Great job, SC!!! Keep up the good work!!! This sort of repair to catastrophic damage is good material for those just starting out on the boat repair scene... the photos really show the process!!! And it IS a process, repairs like these don't happen in a single day, LOL. Don't ask me how I know this... ;)

Well, I'm off to get another cuppa Celestial Seasonings 'Bengal Spice' herbal tea, it's mighty tasty on chilly mornings like this one... ice in the birdbath AGAIN, I reckon my count has gone beyond three weeks now. Hmm, glancing at my calendar, I see that tomorrow is the date for the "Christmas Star"---Jupiter & Saturn appearing together in the night sky, that should be pretty cool to see in this clear cold air!!! CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

Back