Hull repair question

altair

I used marine tex to fill in some large scratches on the bottom of my SF as well as the skeg where the gelcoat had been rubbed off from sand, etc. After sanding the marine tex, there are no bumps but the area is not near as glassey as the rest of the bottom. Is there a product that I need to paint over these areas to make them have that glassey feel? If I leave the marine tex alone will it slow down the boat?

i think the only way to get it like the rest of the hull is to gel coat it. that can get complex considering that if you smoothed it out with sandpaper it shouldnt really slow you down.

altair Is there a product that I need to paint over these areas to make them have that glassey feel? [/QUOTE said:
The best product I have found for giving me a glassey feel is Gosling 151 Rum.

WARNING: Can not be shipped to: Utah, Michigan, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Indiana, or Kentucky.

Altair,
Directions for wet sanding are found under "Tips and Tricks" Gelcoat Repair, starting at step 9 on the SF Class page. If you can, use a hose trickeling water through the area you are sanding instead of a sponge and bucket (it is just easier than stopping to wet the surface all the time).

Back