Hull number

mbjelajac

I recently bought old laser hull with number MLF121 under the bow eye. Could anyone figure out manufacturer, year and sail number from this information. There is no other number anywhere. Checked it through.
Thnaks a lot and best regards,
Miro

Hi miro,
welcome to the TLF. Is it a European Laser? Then please have another look to the hull. Look to the transom. There, between the Gudgeons at the rudderstop, normally is the hullnumber. "MLF..." seems to be a local number from one of the former owners (perhaps a sailing-school, or a hotel)
Ciao
LooserLu

Unfortunately there is no number on transom or anywhere else except this misterious MLF121 under bow eye, which is factory moulded so it is for sure manufacturer's marking. Hull is in original condition, never painted or repaired, so number is not covered or hidden. And yes, it is probbably European Laser since I live and bought it in CRO.
Best regards and thanks
Miro

Hmm, mysterious. Laser-hulls, that are produced in Europe (Performance Sailcraft Europe "PSE" in Falmouth, Cornwall UK) have their hull number under the bow eye (as you told) or at the transom. Newer hulls have a silver-sticker, that is glued into the backside-wall of the cockpit.
"MLF" is definitely not an official code (for example from USA or Canada).
I´m not sure, but I remember of a Laser that has it´s number somewhere under the Gunwale in the gelcoat - could be wrong what I say, its too long ago, sorry.
Good luck.
LooserLu

Mine from the 128000's had a metal plate displaying the number on the cockpit wall, and also stamped into the transom. Both of the numbers were different though, the one on the plate was the number it used in the worlds.

That's strange that there isn't one on your transom. The only reason I can think of is if there was a repair or another coat of gel coat covering it up.

Back