hull covers

Hoffy

What do people recommend for hull top and bottom covers? I'll be storing mine on a dolly this summer in a pretty shaded area.

Our local sailmaker makes Laser covers that last for years in the sun and seem to be mold/rot resistant. www.bartlettsails.com The covers don't stand up well to travel...but for boat yard covers, I can't imagine anything better.

If you want an inexpensive cover... check out www.intensitysails.com. I have a full boat cover for one of my boats and it does a good job. Nice inexpensive way to pamper your boat

If money is not an issue and you want a really REALLY nice set of covers check ot http://www.sailorstailor.com/. When I grow up and have money this is where I'm going to get my boat covers

The main reason people like the Colie covers is the quality material used.
Top Gun canvas with UV resistant thread (Tenara).

They're expensive, but if you're in a harsher climate, they protect your investment very well.

Lots of other makers also use the Top Gun/Tenara combination as well.

I have a colie cover and they will personalize the covers too mine says "Jack's Laser" there very durable and they have a hole on the bow so you can tie a rope on it while the covers on or while your travelling. There great covers

Check RoosterSailing.com - based out of the UK.

I've got both top and bottom covers from the Canadian Distributor and have been really happy so far, $99 USD for each.

I live in Florida and my boat sits outside under a cover all year round. Half is under a tree and half is in the sun.

My Colie Sails cover is holding up beautifully! I had a cheaper one but it lasted less than a year before showing serious flaws. If your environment is harsh I would highly recommend the Colie covers. They are expensive (which is why I tried the cheaper one 1st), but worth every penny (IMO)

Might as well pile on...

Kinder Industries makes a nice cover also. Pricing is a little better than colie. Plus, you can pick any color that top-gun comes in. I went all crazy and bought gray.

My $0.02:

I have a set of Colie covers. They are 4 years old (have spent a lot of time in the garage) and handle interstate driving quite well. Definitely a good cover.

I made a minor modification to the hull cover - I sewed a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet (the same that is on the bunks of the trailer) to the cover where the trailer tie down straps cross. I was concerned the cover was rough, and might abrade the hull under the straps on a long road trip.

Back