How To Clean Up My Laser Cover ???

Laser117077

Hi, my old covers got quite a few dirty and mouldy marks on it. Was thinking of buying a new one anyway but if anyone has any tips on how to get my old cover looking cleaner that would be great.
Thanks

Take it to a laundromat and wash it in one of the big machines. Don't put it in a dryer.

Or spread it on the ground and scrub with brush and detergent.

Don't know what material although its a laser original one with laser logo on bottom-right corner if that helps. i tried using some 'cif' cleaner and scrubbing but it didnt really help much so was wondering if you guys had any other ideas

try this:

make sure you wear gloves and eye protection,

-Mix ~8 ounces (one cup) of chlorine bleach with 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of mild soap and/or detergent and 1 gallon of water.

-scrub with soft bristle brush.

-Allow mixture to soak into the fabric for up to 15 minutes.

-Rinse thoroughly with clean water until all soap residue is removed.

-Air dry.

-Repeat if necessary.

-the fabric will probably need to be re-treated for water and stain resistance when you're done, this is probably available at your local marine shop

Alternatively, You can try just the detergent and a gallon of hot water if you think you can get the stain without chlorine bleach

A bucket of OxyClean, water and some type of soapy detergent. We cleaned our covers this weekend. One had been been misplaced and shoved under a boat for storage. It had grease, oil, mold, mildew, dirt and every other kind of grime you could think of. Green Scotchbrite pad and the soap mixture cleaned everything up nicely. I understand OxyClean is available in the UK and it will kill mold and mildrew. Probably need to do like laserxd suggested and retreat with a water repellant afterwards.

I never tried it on a boat cover, but the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge is absolutely miraculous in my book. I think it would be worth a try.

Back