How is a Trailex trailer supposed to work to securely support the boat?

Cwork

I recently received a new Trailex (SUT-250L) that we assembled. We installed the support rods that fit inside the gunnel lip, as described in the manual. The mounts loosen very quickly, so the support rods on one or both sides tilt and the boat ends up one side of the trailer. The nuts and bolts for the mounts are very tight (but not to the point of deforming the metal). What's the secret to securing the supports to they support the boat? There has to be something that's not in the instructions

Getting my Laser on this trailex trailer took two people. That seems odd. Maybe this is related to the support issue, but something isn't right. Can anyone advise what I might be doing wrong. I have never has any problem getting my Laser on or off the previous trailer or my seitech dolly in over 25 years.

Thanks for any help with these issues.

Maybe some pictures of the nuts and bolts you are talking about, I can compare with mine. It took a little adjusting to initially set it up, but after that, locked it all down and no problems since. Yes it did take two people to position it right on land, but now that the trailer is a fit for my boat, should just float on/off in the water like a dolly.

Thank you for the quick reply. Here is a series of pictures showing the starboard and the port supports. The port support looks better but also swings outward. The port support swings inward or slightly outward of vertical.
Laser on Trailex.JPG
Inside view Starboard support rod & swivel mount.JPG
Top Starboard support rod & swivel mounts.JPG
Starboard support rod & swivel mounts.JPG
Top Starboard support rod & swivel mounts.JPGStarboard support rod & swivel mounts.JPGInside port support rod & swivel mount hardware.JPGInside view of Port support rod & swivel mount.JPGPort Hull Support Rod w swivel mounts.JPGTop Starboard support rod & swivel mounts.JPG

I remember struggling a bit putting mine together, to mainly get them to seat in the fittings squarely. Looking at my photos it seems like since mine are offset could make the difference, I don't know.
IMG_2324.jpeg
IMG_2326.jpeg
IMG_2325.jpeg

Yes, that doesn't look quite right.
I suggest loosening the relevant bolts and adjusting the brackets/mounts so that the hull rests properly on the supports. Then tighten them all, of course.
This is what the Trailex instructions state:
The swivel mounts for hull support rods will have to be adjusted to accommodate the boat once on the trailer then tighten nuts.

It so happens that I am working on my Trailex and the brackets/mounts on mine are pretty square to the overall frame, unlike the ones on the ProATC trailer.

As an aside, I do need help getting the hull off the trailer and onto the dolly. Basically because it's hard for an old guy to lift the hull sideways over the supports.

As an aside, I do need help getting the hull off the trailer and onto the dolly. Basically because it's hard for an old guy to lift the hull sideways over the supports.

I have some difficulty with that, too. I can do it if the tongue of the trailer is on the car hitch. If the tongue of the trailer is on the ground, you have to pick it up higher to clear the supports. That I can't do. And the boat may slip off the bow support, too.

That's an amazing trailer, never seen anything like that before. So many parts, must have cost......?

$1200 + shipping. It ships as a kit. Don't know if that includes a bow pivot.

Kitty Hawk had several welded pieces, so it probably cost a little more to ship but was less complex to assemble. Sadly those are no longer available.

I have some difficulty with that, too. I can do it if the tongue of the trailer is on the car hitch. If the tongue of the trailer is on the ground, you have to pick it up higher to clear the supports. That I can't do. And the boat may slip off the bow support, too.

If you are moving to or from a dolly it works fine. You do have to pick the boat up fairly high to clear the supports but it should stay on the bow support.

As for the support "leaning". I had that issue as well. Took the boat off, made sure they were straight and tightened everything down fairly hard. Haven't had a problem since.

Here’s an image of the relevant area on mine:
884E8DD2-7578-49BA-B343-46BC979D1419.jpeg
Note: no crossbar because I am trying to fix something else.

Can you buy just the brackets to retrofit onto my existing trailer? I have a small EZ-Loader that is not meant for a laser but i suppose i could weld some brackets on and fit these on? Just dont want to custom make some bunks etc...

Yes, one can buy just about all the parts that make up the Trailex Laser trailer (and the parts are reasonably priced; ordering on the web site worked OK for me).
Here's a link to the parts:

More in general, how are you going to support the bow?

Back