How good is a minifish?

MiVsail

How would you guys rate the minifish? Is it pretty good? Can I sail with another person in a minifish? How hard is it to rig? any other information would be awesome!

How would you guys rate the minifish? Is it pretty good? Can I sail with another person in a minifish? How hard is it to rig? any other information would be awesome!
Built with the same quality as the Sunfish.
In comparison to the Sunfish...
  • Same rigging
  • Two feet shorter
  • Two inches narrower
  • Less sail area
  • Lighter load capacity
Can you sail with another person..., sure. Comfortably..., how big are you?

4886212133_af177b3ba6_z.jpg

Can I sail with another person in a minifish?
Two youth fit, maybe one youth and one adult might also fit. Two adults is tight on a Sunfish except when conditions are mild or the two are crewing in harmony.

4886906032_44a8dcf93c_z.jpg

We have had a MiniFish since 1970. It is easy to sail. It is a durable beach boat that kids can learn on and not break. The only thing we have had to replace is the spring on the rudder pin and we put on a new sail two years ago. It is great when the wind is light. When I was a kid, we would sail it with two but now I use it alone. Make sure to learn to get it upright if it flips and you will be fine. The only two complaints with ours are it does not have a self bailer so you end up with water in the cockpit and the fake wood on the deck did not hold up well(looks like crap).

FWIW, sailboats under 12-feet aren't required to register in New Hampshire, saving about $35 annually.

I think of a Mini-Fish as especially good on small lakes.

Back