homemade laser dolly

Lazzzerrr

has anybody on laserforum made their own dolly?? im tight on money and in need of a dolly... i have access welding materials... can someone give me some ideas??

I made mine out of PVC for my Sunfish, but I'm sure you could do something similar for your Laser.

sunfish-pvc-dolly.jpg

The issue most have found are wheels... Easy enough to make the frame, but finding wheels that are wide enough to work in sand and not rust has been a challenge. The typical wheel-barrow wheel works nicely on paved or hard packed surfaces, but it's a bear/impossible in deep, soft sand

i agree with 49208 big wheels are a help and not plastic ones they will just dig in more....but if there too big the launching trolly may float when u put it in the water

All the seitech dollys float at the axle from the wheels, it's actually a benefit as the dolly stays somewhat aligned when you load the boat back on

I can only say that having the axle float as it does on the seitech, makes loading in chop/swells pretty easy, maybe we are just used to it.

I have made several dolly's using metal from old exercise machines. The best machine is a old rowing machine with a center track that is made of 2x4x52 inch aluminum extrusion as this makes for a cross member between wheels. Here is a picture of my latest dolly for a Sunfish but the bunks were to small and the boat sustained damage during winter, but frame of dolly is solid. I just posted on sunfish forum "grounding reveals winter damage"Sunfish stress on gel coat winter storage 001.JPG

><> Minas man <><

Back