Hinking Pants

L

L-P Gauthier

Hi, im 16 years old fimished my silver (CYA) program & now im starting to race laser more seriously. I was wondering if hiking pants does a difference :/ I saw at CORK alot of experience sailor werring it so HELP ME ! what brand (Fogh Marine??) & kind (Long.. short - 2/3mm) i sould get ???

Sorry for my miss spells I'm french :)

I know that Sailing Angles makes a great hiking pant that surely seems to make a difference. They have plastic like slabs underneath each thigh and if you lean at about a 40 degree angle where just the sides of the plactic are in contact with the deck, you can slide quickly and safely to wherever you want to go. This helps like when gybing or tacking, or even rounding a mark where you need your weight in a different part of the boat really fast. To stop sliding, you siply sit upright again and because the plastic strips are covered with a leather like material, the grain of the leather keeps you there just as good as cement. it is a great product and you can check them out at www.sailingangles.com

I wear magiv marine hikers. They are a lot cheaper than models built into wetsuit bottoms as they are basically just pads with thigh straps and a waist band to hold them up. Light weight and can be worn over anything, including dry suits.

Magic have changed the model name this year so i don't know the new name, They cost me GB£30 ish which is about US$40ish. They are the cheapest on the UK market but very similar to Gul's entry level hikers. I find strap on pad types better than pads builtinto neoprene as they offer more versatility and they can be worn over any clothing and in summer, just over shorts.

The cheapest around are the gul pads or the magic marine ones outlined above. Otherwise, check out local and national suppliers for a good deal or try second hand pairs being sold be people giving up lasers or wanting a new pair. Cheap hikers are about as expensive as boots.

Ah, salut monsieur! Moi je viens de Toronto! Fogh est une bon magasin. Moi, je n'est pas de 'iking pants'! Mais je suis certain que les gens a Forgh peuvent vous aidez! :)!

hiking pants

If you are a member of the ILCA NA Region, go to the Laser Sailor and find the Colie Sails Advertisement (front cover). They are listed as carrying Queensport Equipment. Check other dealers websites as well.

I don't speek any foreign languages I am just saying it looks like a lot of type for such a short phrase. No pun intended.

no no no. I misunderstood you. I wasn't translating the words, I was just asking a question. I don't have a clue what those words mean.

According to freetranslation.com,

Ah, salut monsieur! Moi je viens de Toronto! Fogh est une bon magasin. Moi, je n'est pas de 'iking pants'! Mais je suis certain que les gens a Forgh peuvent vous aidez!

means: Ah, salvation mister! Me I come from Toronto! Fogh is a good store. Me, I is not any 'hiking pants'! But I am certain that the people has Forgh are able you help!

but i'm not sure how correct the translation is

Back