Hiking strap bails

Mashmaster

My new to me Capri doesn't have hiking straps. I ordered a set which should so up soon. But I don't have any hiking bails to attach them. They are back ordered and will appear someday. Has anyone attached them with line instead? I figure I can use line to attach them while I wait for the proper hardware to show up.

I am surprised they weren't mounted in your cockpit already.
The aft hiking strap on mine was sandwiched between the sampson post and the mainsheet block/cleat thingy. In order for that to work, they had saturated it in resin. When I replaced them, replicating that seemed like far too much work, so I just tied a bridle across the back of the sampson post. It has been working fine.

I have the parts mounted to the hull. The bails are the part connected to the Barney post that look like shackels

I get what you're talking about now. Hmmm. I will take a look at mine and try to think up something that would work.

Thank you, can you take a picture how the strap is wrapped at the stern as well? I couldn't figure that part out. Also how the strap is connected up front, lease

Back