Hiking position

few quick ones. Upwind or off the wind, Waves or flat water. Wind speed etc?? These all make a large difference.
John

In the photo section there is a picture of two sailors hiking out in the "Memorial Day Action at Acton Lake".
As the previous post said, a lot depends on the conditions you are sailing in.

Altair,

Check these out; The first was taken during the 2002 Worlds, note his feet under the hiking strap. The second was taken during the 2004 Worlds, and the last was titled Lauren. Sorry don't know the photographers names. As stated above, it depends on conditions. A copy of the SF Bible will answer alot of questions about hiking, with or without a hiking strap, and how to sit in the boat under different conditions. Also, the opening photo of the Yahoo Sunfish_Sailor Forum show sailors hiking out.

Attachments

• 2002_Worlds.jpg
    2002_Worlds.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Ducking to clear II.jpg
    Ducking to clear II.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Lauren.jpg
    Lauren.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 57
Strumolo,

Sorry, I saved them to my sailing picture file from the web and uploaded them to here from there. I believe the first 2 were posted on the SF Class site at one time. I think they rotated new ones in their place. Most of the current Midwinters photos were taken on shore. Many times I find a picture when I am not looking for it and save it to study later. I have found some on equipment sites.

Back