hiking pants- how to wear?

keenbean

Hi,

I've got some hiking pants - rooster classics and was just wondering when the summer comes around(UK) what you all wear? Do you wear the hikers under a wetsuit, or over the top of the wetsuit? Or no wetsuit and a fleecetop for example? I'm just not sure what's the most comfortable!

Cheers for any help

I think its down to personal choice, and of course the weather on the day, but generally i tend to wear my hikers over a thin wetsuit when i first brave it without a dry suit, and then when in theoretically gets warmer (i.e July) I just wear a swimsuit and then a rash vest and spray top with my hikers, and come October i go for a wet suit rash vest, thermal top hikers and spray top
Like i said though, its really down to personal choice as some sailors at my club go out, surrounded by snow, just wearing hikers and an aqua fleece, yet others wear pretty much all of the rooster layers all year round (hot top, poly leggings, race skin, aqua-fleece x2,spray top, hikers)
In the winter I've even worn my hikers over a dry suit to save my legs without getting hypothermia in the British cold!

Back