hiking bench

Last year I was thinking of making my own hiking bench and at the same time was having weekly coaching sessions with a really good
Laser sailor and he suggested I simply tie my Laser down to its dolly and then begin hiking from the toe straps holding the mainsheet as if you are on the water!! My initial thought was this won't work, but as this was at the end of a long training session on Sydney Harbour ,and I had just finished unrigging , he got me started by demonstrating on my boat . Hey presto , this really works. Ok well I had my boat on its dolly on a stretch of lawn, I began hiking and my coach on the opposite gunwale observing but totally ok. Good training tip, my wife thinks its a little odd , but good way to train and develop hiking skill and endurance , make sure the neighbours aren't watching as you train in your backyard!! Hope this helps everybody!

I just started marketing a hiking bench with a difference! This one "rocks back as you hike harder to simulate flattening the Laser or similar. It is also collapses / erects in 20 seconds, no tools required, so you can slide under a couch or bed so the family does not have to fight a big bulky bench in the living room. The Hike Pro has seven settings for different sized sailors and double main sheets to also work out the arms. There are some great sailors using it including Chris Barnard, Laser North American Champ 2012. Take a look at www.hiking-bench.com
20131016_125756.jpg
20131101_153921.jpg

I just started marketing a hiking bench with a difference! This one "rocks back as you hike harder to simulate flattening the Laser or similar. It is also collapses / erects in 20 seconds, no tools required, so you can slide under a couch or bed so the family does not have to fight a big bulky bench in the living room. The Hike Pro has seven settings for different sized sailors and double main sheets to also work out the arms. There are some great sailors using it including Chris Barnard, Laser North American Champ 2012. Take a look at www.hiking-bench.comView attachment 13313 View attachment 13314

I finally got round to buying The Laser Pro from http://www.hikingbench.com it also allows you to hike harder and simulate flattening the Laser. The floor bars bend slightly as you hike harder, see picture below. The build quality is just superb and it will probably last for ever! Quick and easy to assemble with thumb wheel nuts. All the top guys and National teams are using it, including Nick Thompson. As for mainsheet, I spoke to a fitness coach and he advised me not to use this on a hiking bench as you are tempted to hold yourself up, rather than develop that all important core strength. Price with carriage is the same, they have been making them since 2009 and have a range of benches to suit other dinghies.
Nick%20Thompson%20Hikingbench%20demo.jpg

Nick Thompson Team GBR demos the Laser Pro

Back