heres a thought

is drlaser useless?

• Keep the old vang, but add new deck cleats, cunny, and outhaul

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Keep old outhaul (thimbled, 3:1), keep old cunny, buy new vang system

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add some blocks to the old outhaul and cunny, and buy a new vang system

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Add blocks to the old vang and buy the new outhaul/cunny system with deck cleats

• YES!!!

• NO!!!

• yes

• hell yea

• who is this guy

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OF COURSE NOT! Do you know he emailed me out of the blue and asked if I needed help getting a boat and ever since we have been good buds!!!!!! He is a very intelligent adn smart sailor with a love to help others. SO CHRIS SHUT UP!!!. Please close this thread!

I am not going to close it b/c Shevy complained about moderation and doesn't want any, so although I will not comment on the thread, I will not lock it either. Either way shevy will be mad at me.

No, Brad!

That's the almost perfect reply. Chris - apparently a newcomer to the on-line Laser environment - has every right to ask anything he wants, privately or publicly.

The value of his poll may be questionable, or the medium in which he wants to find an anser to his question may be questionable, but non of that takes his right to inquire or express his own opinions.

I wrote "almost perfect" and not "perfect" just because first, Goonie's (Seth's) mail was not addressing you but Chris, and second, I do not believe anybody has given any rights to any moderator (not just you) to close any polls here.

Moderation is a very serious issue, and will not be tolerated by the Laser Class Members unless ILCA NA presents for the approval of its membership the detailed moderation policies and procedures first.

Best regards,

Dr. Shevy Gunter
a.k.a. "drLaser"

PS. Dear Chris: You can always contact me for finding the answers to your questions. For a quick review, you can review the comments about "drLaser" (good and bad) at:
http://www.drLaser.org/plfComments.html

Well I feel like I have accomplished the unpossilbe, I made shevy happy...haha. I read through the comments, and I saw no bad ones. I might have to add to those comments, actually, I find your site very helpful, but sometimes your comments on the laser class site are premature.

[quote:2a2ee94c0e="chris"]here is something to think about[/quote:2a2ee94c0e]

Chris,

Just a recommendation. Scale your avatar image down to at least 100x100, that way people that are sloband can load this page with out
choking thier browser. The more images that we push inline the more difficult it becomes on general bandwidth.

Thanks.!! 8)

AW! Someone didn't have the guts to post under their real name! I wonder who it was?

[quote:a5349b32bd]i say we all get along!
[/quote:a5349b32bd]

and anyway i know shevy is drlaser but is shevy like a class official or something. and why does bradley need to make shevy happy. he doesn't try to make me happy but i really like him just the same. I HATE WHEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND THINGS!!

chris said:
here is something to think about

I've thought about it. Tried the "classic" style, tried a combo of classic/new style and flipped to all new style on vang, outhaul and cunningham.

The new style is the only way to go. If you don't have it suck it up and buy it.

tried the new vang,didn't like it,and it's totally unnecessary once you add the blocks.--think I'll join Sheidt on this one.

Howdy Fellow Laserites,
Here's my two cents worth.... Dr. Laser has the best web site (most informative, good accurate sound information) regarding "FREE" Laser information that I have found on the internet. So Chris if your going to snipe (is drlaser useless?) at people do it with a well informed and formulated opinion after gathering all of the data. Not just a particular piece regarding rigging suggestions, which is very minscule when looking at all of the world class information that is available at the Dr. Laser web site.
If you realized how much time and effort it took to gather all of the information that is available on "his" Dr. Laser's web site. Also I might "assume" money out of his pocket to establish the site and keep it up to date and running you might re-think your remarks before publicly posting them.
Adios,
Fishingmickey
150087/181157

P.S. Thank you Shevy for all of your efforts that have helped promote Laser sailing and made my transition into Laser sailing so much easier! I only hope that I will be able to inspire others to pick-up Laser sailing as a hobby so our class can grow and prosper.

To add "fishingmickey"/Michael:
How much worth the drLaser-website is, we can see in this days while it is offline. If it will not return, it would be a great lost for the Laserites that need help and have no experianced-fellow-Laserite in the neighbourhood, is my opinion. The little Laserclass association I have joined in, cannot really care about usual-sailors that are not under the top 30 in the national-classranking, because they are already busy enough to support the pro´s and the races and I understand this of course. If they have to care also more for people like me, I think they have to rise up the fee and this I do not appreciate, it´s already high enough here.
Now, without the drLaser-website, a lot of things with the boat and it´s handling are much more difficult. I hope this (independent!!) drLaser-website returns early enough, before the season starts on this side of the globe. Without such a website, the reasons why I should be a classmember and be good in paying my fee (without going racing inthe moment), also to the ILCA, reduce more and more. (There are only 2 reasons now: 1st: to be able easy to get legal papers to travel into other countries with my GER-46438 [but a few month ago, I found a legal way to get such "border"-papers without being member of the ILCA-Europe...] and 2nd: support a bit the work of the class-coaches for the youth with paying my fee)
bye-bye
LooserLu

Here's my question: Why does the poll ask "is drlaser useless" when, in fact, none of the possible choices have anything at all to do with Dr. Laser? I've also noticed this problem on another recent poll. Unless it is just my computer...but I highly, highly, doubt so...

macwas16 said:
Here's my question: Why does the poll ask "is drlaser useless" when, in fact, none of the possible choices have anything at all to do with Dr. Laser? I've also noticed this problem on another recent poll. Unless it is just my computer...but I highly, highly, doubt so...

And another problem, it seems to me that the threads sometimes show a new reply, when there is none.

Merrily

Yes-I think a new vote may bring it to the top. I need to change this setting.

PLEASE NOTE: This thread is 2 years old. This thread is now closed to prevent further confusion. To discuss the vang feel free to start a new thread or search the forum for "vang" and you will find a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back