Here I go

springbrook

For the past three weeks I have gone over every nut and bolt and screw on the Sunfish
I have rewired the the old ZEF trailor and replced bearings and bearing races.
Replaced the out hauls and main sheet.
installed new bailor

cleaned and scubed and preasure tested

TOMORROW OR SUNDAY I will sail for the first time in 20 years

WISH ME LUCK

Hey, good luck! I'm on the same schedule as you, doing the same kinds of things. I'm hoping to sail Sunday for the first time EVER!

Good luck, guys. I've logged 2 sails after letting the 'fish sit for years - nice to get back to it. I hope it goes well.

On my first outing, my daughter & I were swimming around the boat and I brushed my hand across a gelcoat splinter under the lip at the hull deck joint and got a nasty cut. Remedy: with boat upright on trailer, examine under edge of deck CAREFULLY with a dental mirror and grind off sharp edges, loose gelcoat, or any other hazards with a dremel tool.

On the second outing (1 hour road trip), a trailer bunk which looked ok in the yard, and worked ok around town, punched a small hole in one chine. At least i didn't find it until I got home, so we had a great sail in Waveland, MS. Remedy: Patch damage, then replace that entire set-up with a full-width carpet AND foam-padded bunk and add another one just like it about 30" forward, so the load is spread out more..

For our third outing, we're hauling the boat about 5 hours east to stay in a beach house on the bay behind Destin, FL for 4 days.

went out twice - Sat once Sun

I made a big mistake Saturday --- never should have sailed, I got caught in some FOG and coud not were shore was. Did not know how to get back to launch. Luckly I spoted the swiming area of the state park and knew were I was.

Sunday was much better but I did hit some stumps (2) (mountain lakes are shallow)
Luckly it was on a down wind run.

My wet suit is very slippery on the deck, I did not wax it, any soulutions

Thanks for reading
Springbrook

went out twice - Sat once Sun

I made a big mistake Saturday --- never should have sailed, I got caught in some FOG and coud not were shore was. Did not know how to get back to launch. Luckly I spoted the swiming area of the state park and knew were I was.

Sunday was much better but I did hit some stumps (2) (mountain lakes are shallow)
Luckly it was on a down wind run.

My wet suit is very slippery on the deck, I did not wax it, any soulutions

Thanks for reading
Springbrook
try some surf wax. i never slip on my surfboard when im wearing my wet suit as long as i have my board properly waxed

Back