Herb B Sails

Corprin

Looking for a new sail, ran across the eBay store for “Herb B” and am intrigued. They are a recreational cut. Anybody have experience with these sails and how do they compare to the North and Intensity offerings?

There used to be a "Judy B" sails. I believe she worked at a larger well known loft....cant remember which one. That's who made my stars and stripes sail. Seems she stopped her side gig...retired..or?
img_1_1656952920018.jpg

sailcrafters here had the same sail listed im pretty sure. not that exact sail but the same brand and design im pretty sure. just mentioning it. also, i came across this recently in my search for sails.

now i know absolutely zero about the technical aspects of sail construction but i also cant count how many boats ive been on with pryde sails. and this seems like a fantastic deal for a new rec sail. i think my buddy is going to grab one. plus a window option is silly cheap.

I have a Neil Pryde sail, can't complain, several to pick from, mine has the window also and I think the price was like $162 with shipping. I also just picked up a sail from our own Signal Charlie on his Small Boat Restoration Blog, an Orca sail for $120. includes shipping, gotta love that.

Beekeeper expect a partial refund on that sail, there is a discount for Forum Members! (Orca sail)

We've always been happy with Neil Pryde sails, they've held up well on the boats we acquired.

And as mentioned, Herb is a trusted seller of parts, call sign snfish1 on ebay or something like that.

Insert random turtle photo...

IMG_1373.jpeg

Last edited:

Back