Help - would a sunfish sail fit a sears jetwind sailboat? What would?

berkscounty

Hi, folks:

I am in need of some help here. I have an old (mid 70s) Sears JetWind sailboat that is in need of a sail. Can't seem to scare one up and I am wondering if a Sunfish sail would work. Trouble is I do not know the exact demensions of the sail, mast, or boom (don't ask), though I do know that the sail is 82 square feet. I know a Sunfish sail would not fit exactly, but might it work reasonably well? Anyone know where I can get a used sunfish or sunfish-like-in-size sail in reasonably good condition? ANY help would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

Jim

Jetwind is a Snark

Got some Google hits for ya

Survey Says - -

Schurr Sails JETWIND MAIN - $594

Boater's Exchange MAIN SAIL: JETWIND 3.8 OZ BLUE/WHITE: LUFF 14'11" FOOT 14'11" $180

New England Boating Bulletin Board Posted by DAVE on March 22, 2006 at 05:13:51: [email protected] I HAVE A JETWIND SAIL, ALSO MAST, BOOM, DAGGER ,LOOKING TO SELL THIS YEAR NEED TO BE PICK UP DO TO THE SIZE OF THE MAST THX DAVE BOSTON MA

I have a complete Sears Jetwind sailboat (without the mast) on an ebay auction now through Sunday, August 27, 2006. It is item number 190023769496 which you can plug in and directly find the listing or search under my eBay name: auctioneer-web. The opening bid is $150 and the sail is in excellent physical condition with no tears.

Back