HELP! Wedding Attire

Braecrest

]My Fellow Sailors;
I need any and all advice you may have to offer.

Here is the situation; My bride wants me to wear my uniform to our wedding. Our date is set for late August of 2010.

Here is the problem; I can't decide which of my formal uniforms I want to wear. The real diffculty here is that my groomsmen will be a mixed group, some civilian, some Navy, one Coast Guard, maybe one Marine, and even my best chick-friend from highschool. My bride-to-be would like it if I wore my Full Dress Whites and my concern with that is the white of her dress might not be the same as the white of my uniform, and that makes for alot of whiteness in all the photos.

Personally I'm leaning towards Full Dress Blues, that way I can have my civilian groomsman wear a long black tux with a straight tie (not a bow tie) and come close to looking similar. But I'm worried that Full Dress Blues won't be formal enough.

So in summery, I have a rough idea what I'd like to do, but again, I welcome any and all ideas, comments and questions.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Links to Uniform Photos Here;
Full Dress Whites
Full Dress Blues
Dinner Dress Whites
Dinner Dress Blues

as a well trained husband of 20 years (as of last april), this is my advise. wear what she wants you to wear and to hell with any concerns about your friends, best friend chick, military friends and world peace. it would be a good start in your marital training to start doing things her way from now on. you will even start folding clothes the right way which is whatever way her mother taught her to fold clothes..that is the way of the world now. she is the race committee and pro and judge and sponsor rolled into one. if mama ain't happy, nobody is happy.

best luck in your marriage and receive my congratulations on your wedding.

Antolin (aprill 22, 1989)

ps post pictures for us

I have the perfect solution. Ask her to wear a blue wedding dress. Not! What ARM said, Braecrest. He's got it absolutely right. If she's happy, you'll be VERY happy.

Besides, it's August and you are supposed to be wearing dress whites then, not dress blues!

Congratulations and best of luck,

First and formost, Its her day. If she says dress whites, wear them. It is the season for whites anyway. i would have all the grooms men wear the same though. Too many different unifroms would look weird. Just got done merring off son-inlaw this year and daughter-inlaw last year. It's all about her day. Do what ever see wants, stand there and smile. Being ex navy myself, I like the blues better. Girlfriend says if you want to wear blues you have to change the date. Hate to break navy regs. Good luck and remember to just enjoy yourself.

as a well trained husband of 20 years (as of last april), this is my advise. wear what she wants you to wear and to hell with any concerns about your friends, best friend chick, military friends and world peace. it would be a good start in your marital training to start doing things her way from now on.

Man, that is sage advice. Well said. :D

Back