Help to identify this sailboat

gruntle

Can anyone tell me what this boat is, how it might compare to a sunfish (I'm assuming it's not a sunfish) its value, and recommendations as a first sailboat for me and my boys 8 and 11 yrs to learn to sail.

Attachments

• sunfish.jpg
    sunfish.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 51
From our favorite forum:

Can anyone tell me what this boat is, how it might compare to a sunfish (I'm assuming it's not a sunfish) its value, and recommendations as a first sailboat for me and my boys 8 and 11 yrs to learn to sail.
Because it's not a Sunfish, be sure to emphasize to the seller that it's value is diminished.

If it were mine (and shiny) I'd sell it for $600.

But you never know...start with $300. ;)

Gotta work on the sail trim, but that's a beautiful picture from the PNW... you actually caught a sunny day, lol. I almost moved up there a few years ago, but I never found a fixer home worth buying out on the coast (Westport to South Bend). But when the sun shines in the PNW, it is golden, that much is certain. Guess I'd forgotten how often it rained during my Aaaarrrrgghmy days, when I was posted to Fort Lewis. Meh, at least I had a blast camping at Grayland State Beach & Bruceport on Willapa Bay. 10 days & nights at Grayland, another 30+ days & nights at Bruceport, with spells of fine sunny weather at each location. :cool:

P.S. You any relation to George Merry from TREASURE ISLAND? Great book by Robert Louis Stevenson, in fact it's my all-time favorite book, though Nevil Shute is my favorite author overall... he also knew how to tell a good story! :rolleyes:

I bought this very boat and it is awesome. I actually think the cockpit is better designed than a sunfish, with the only real negative being the rudder attachment. View attachment 47725
How is the wind on that lake? I have sailed on Lake Siskiyou in Mount Shasta and it is really shifty and fickle. Beautiful spot and the wind looks good in the photo!

Back