Help save my laser fleet and yacht club!

monkey_feet

Arlington, TX
Hello, I wanted to post this out to my fellow Laser Sailors.

My sailing club in Arlington, TX is under siege by the city that owns the property we until a judgement a couple of weeks ago was supposed to be under lease until 2025.

LONG story short. The city wants to "master plan" the park that our humble little club sits within. We didn't fit into the plans they have, so the city hired an outside firm to find a way to get out of the lease that we have with them. The AYC filed a law suit to protect the lease. Unfortunately, the judge sided with the loop hole the city found.

We are supposed to have a follow up hearing on October 15th to find out our fate. In the meantime, we have a FB page (www.facebook.com/arlingtonyachtclub) and twitter account (@ArlngtnYchtClub) to show the support from the sailing community. If you can, please follow and like. Tell your friends.

I grew up at the AYC. Took junior sailing classes there. Met my first girlfriend there. Had my wedding shower there! I'M TEACHING MY KIDS TO SAIL LASERS THERE . Like your clubs, it's a special place that needs to be preserved.

The AYC has been in our current location for over 40 years. If you would like additional info, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks in advance for your support. They say you can't fight city hall... Well, when has that ever stopped a bunch of determined sailors!

Back