Help me with this Laser number please

Bobetpine

Hi,

I read all the explanations on Laser numbers but still can't figure out what year and when it's been made.

It's a Laser 1 and the # on the transom is: ZFS94783M81B

The sail has no number but has the Laser logo. Owner says it's the original sail. He calls it the "Solar design sail" as opposed to the Polar design sail. (yellow orange striped sail vs blue and white for the Polar)

Any clue on that boat for me?
Thanks
Pascale

Your laser was built in 1981. The sail number/hull number is 94783. The solar design sail refers to the color scheme on your sail. A secret decoder ring has just been placed in the mail for you for help with future top secret questions of the ILCA!

Bobetpine said:
Hi,

I read all the explanations on Laser numbers but still can't figure out what year and when it's been made.

It's a Laser 1 and the # on the transom is: ZFS94783M81B

The sail has no number but has the Laser logo. Owner says it's the original sail. He calls it the "Solar design sail" as opposed to the Polar design sail. (yellow orange striped sail vs blue and white for the Polar)

Any clue on that boat for me?
Thanks
Pascale

Rob B said:
A secret decoder ring has just been placed in the mail for you for help with future top secret questions of the ILCA!

Oh! Oh! I want a secret decoder ring! Got one for me, too?

Merrily

Got mine in a crakerjacks box.

JR, I'll see about finding a "special" laser one just for you!

Hi guys,

Rob, you say my Laser is a 81. Went on a website (cannot remember which one), there was a place where you could write the boat number and it returned the year it was made in. Mine said 1982 ...????
Anyhow the thing that looks different from all I've read about boat numbers is the last 4 digits: M81B. It should be a letter (M) then 3 numbers. So what is the last B about? I'm positive it's a B not an 8.

It's not that it is that important but I'd like to know everything about my new friend...:)

Thanks!
Pascale

Uhh, how about B for BooYaaa! Hell if I know.

Bobetpine said:
Hi guys,

Rob, you say my Laser is a 81. Went on a website (cannot remember which one), there was a place where you could write the boat number and it returned the year it was made in. Mine said 1982 ...????
Anyhow the thing that looks different from all I've read about boat numbers is the last 4 digits: M81B. It should be a letter (M) then 3 numbers. So what is the last B about? I'm positive it's a B not an 8.

It's not that it is that important but I'd like to know everything about my new friend...:)

Thanks!
Pascale

Bobetpine said:
Hi Jon,

That's the website I was talking about. It says my boat is from 1982. But my sail has 81 in it not 82 and since my boat # is ZFS94783M81B, Rob said it was from 81. That's why I'm a bit confused. Any clue for me?

Yeah, and when you put in 94783 as the sail number, nothing comes back either. Maybe Vanguard can help you, even though the boat is probably old enough that they didn't make it. Here is a link to their "contact us" page:
http://www.teamvanguard.com/2005/base/content.asp?section=teamvanguard&dir=teamvanguard&page=contactus

They have a phone number, too, at their website.

Merrily

Back