Help identify a logo

GregoryMay

Anyone know what this boat is by the logo? Our family had it in 1979. Thanks!
CAFF65D3-6CDB-4C12-BD9B-DEAE638EDD66.jpeg

I just did a quick search through several sailboat sail logo websites and could not a match. Do you have any other information about the boat? Length?
Full length cockpit? Fibereglass? Where was the photo taken? Did your family buy the boat new as rigged or was the lateen sail possibly a retrofit?

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

I just did a quick search through several sailboat sail logo websites and could not a match. Do you have any other information about the boat? Length?
Full length cockpit? Fibereglass? Where was the photo taken? Did your family buy the boat new as rigged or was the lateen sail possibly a retrofit?

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY
Thanks for the help. It was somewhere around 10 or 12 feet long. Fiberglass. We used it on a small man-made lake in Maryland. It was completely open, no covered area at all, and ran almost below the water with just my dad in it. :) he has since passed, so we don’t know where or how he got it. Just stumbled upon the pictures, which raised the memories and questions. Thanks!

Could the logo be trying to spell a word?

I see "Wendy"...
I think you might be on to something, L&V! When I use the view feature and enlarge the logo I can see Wendy (or is it Windy? But no dotted i?)
The tail of the Y turns into a mermaid and there’s a feather- or maybe a wing- just over the ‘d’.
Anybody else see it? I am clearly procrastinating work to be done but now I’m curious about this one!

I think the mystery remains, Alan. Here’s a side-by-side. The Koralle has a hummingbird with a crown, like the Kolibri (which I just learned is German for hummingbird)
The OP’s insignia is blurry, but it’s not the hummingbird.
BTW, that Koralle looks like a good deal- price reduced and includes a trailer! If I was looking for another project I would check this one out, but there’s no room at the inn right now…

Attachments

• DDF6E8E1-A8E2-4012-A074-C3972609B28F.png
    DDF6E8E1-A8E2-4012-A074-C3972609B28F.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
  • ECB2F87E-81D5-4E21-B533-BE91B9DE2ADE.png
    ECB2F87E-81D5-4E21-B533-BE91B9DE2ADE.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 56

Back