Help finding a spare part

andelin

Hi guys,

I recently made major fuck up and lost the drain plug of my laser. However this was a drain plug probably from the 80s or 90s and I can't find a similar one. It doesn't have the screw-like structure and shape like they usually do, but instead it has two "wings" and you have to turn it only half a circle to lock it in. Does anyone have any idea which shop could sell new or used ones?

Thanks for helping!

I think what you're talking about is the RWO R 2060: RWO (Marine Equipment) Ltd
Should be available at your nearest RWO dealer. In your case, that would be this: Captains Shop | Myymälät
(En mene vannomaan, mutta taisi olla hyllyssä kun viimeksi kävin ;))

If they're hard to find, you can replace it completely with another make - they should all fit the same mounting hole and screw holes.

they should all fit the same mounting hole and screw holes.
A slight clarification... "all" in this context means "all drain plug sockets with a fixing hole distance of about 36 mm". :D

If you get really, really, really desperate I have one in my box of bits which is of little use to me

But I'd think about updating and replacing with a screw type fitting

Steve & Alex

Indented Head - Victoria - Australia

If you get really, really, really desperate I have one in my box of bits which is of little use to me

But I'd think about updating and replacing with a screw type fitting

Steve & Alex

Indented Head - Victoria - Australia

Hi Steve & Alex,

Great to hear! I actually bought a new screw type one, but it didn't fit into the hole even after carving it thinner at the end. So yes, my desperation is approaching the really really really -level right now. It'd be really nice of you to help me with this, how much would you want for it?

Thanks,
Joe

Vestek in Espoo (see the link in post #4 above) has them. 7,75 €/pair (no idea why they're sold in pairs).

A little closer than Australia. And faster.

(Soita nollaneljänolla 365 2049 jos on kysyttävää.)

Vestek in Espoo (see the link in post #4 above) has them. 7,75 €/pair (no idea why they're sold in pairs).

A little closer than Australia. And faster.

(Soita nollaneljänolla 365 2049 jos on kysyttävää.)

Yeah, I went to the Captain's shop in Lauttasaari, but they didn't have the right plug, they only had one that didn't fit in the end.
Hi Joe

Cost us nothing (came with other stuff) therefore no cost

Let us have an address and we will post

Steve & Alex

Hi Steve & Alex,

Thanks offering to help out, it's really nice of you, but user LaLi actually found me one in Finland.

Joel

Back