Hello from New (to me) Capri owner

Steve Brockwell

Hello folks,

Name is Steve Brockwell and I live in southwest Oklahoma. Just bought an 84 Capri 14.2, hull number 352. It looks to be in great shape and is my first boat (actually have another 8' dink but the registration rules in Oklahoma killed that project).

I need to find a manual for it so that I can rig it right. I live about 3 miles from a relatively large lake (that no one sails on) and only 15 miles from a smaller one that most of the few sailors in this area use. With the good trailer that came with the boat and my work schedule I can be on the water very often this summer.

Time for this grandpa to enjoy what I've been wanting to do for many years.

Hello again.

Steve Brockwell

Hi from Green Country!

Hi Steve!
My husband & I just bought a new (to us) 1984 Capri 14.2 - Hull & Sail # 363.

We are in northeastern OK (Green Country) I can make copies of the manuals that I received from the previous owner. You can send me your mailing address through the "private message" option.

Cheryl

Capri 14 handbook

I recommend you buy the Capri 14.2 handbbok as listed on the left side of the home page. It's worth the $20.

Membership and handbook ordered

I did order the handbook and sent the check in for membership. I only have 3 hours sailing experience so I'm a real rookie.

Hope to see you folks in Green Country soon. Oklahoma may not have the water that most states do but I'll learn and have fun.

Thanks for the advice and I'm still listening

Steve Brockwell

Any information about rigging for single handed use will be appreciated. My dear wife doesn't like water much and would really rather stay on the shore. I need to be able to step the mast and rigging alone.

Steve Brockwell

Rigging for Single Handed Use

I live in Oklahoma City currently sail at Lake Hefner. I added a furling jib this summer and plan to add a couple of reef points to my main sail this fall. The wind here fluctuates to much to trust without something to fall back on. Since I added the furling jib I use my jib halyard to assist in stepping my mast. I added a pulley on my bow stem plate to allow me to use the line to raise the mast and once I get it stepped I tie it off to the mast making it safe to connect the front forestay.

Another thing I have added is a trolling motor. I can always drop the sails and motor home if the winds come up to badly. I am still pretty much a rookie myself but I am most definitly having fun. If you need anything or have any questions drop me an email. [email protected]

owner's manual

Hi steve, i have a 89 or 90 capri with all the documentation, give me an email address and i'll scan and send it to you. Cotty Lowry

Back