Hello and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanmacack

Hello y'all from frozen Cornwall, UK. I'm havimg trouble posting never mind sailing. Here goes again.....

Does anybody have any tips for stopping any spread of corrosion on Laser Masts – or any alloy masts, for that matter. Mine only have slight patches round a few of the fitting rivets and I don’t want them to get any worse. Perhaps there’s a “magic” solution, if only hot soapy water, that will remove the surface deposits but then what can any one suggest to cover and neutralise the areas and to get under the fittins to where the rivets penetrate. WD40, primer, metal paints ???? ... any ideas?

Thanks,

[FONT=&quot]Alan[/FONT]

Alan,
You are not having any trouble posting. This is the fourth time you have posted this message! Everyone please submit replies to Alan's query at the thread Metal corrosion on spars. http://www.laserforum.org/showthread.php?t=3390

I'm closing this thread to avoid confusion. :)

Merrily

alanmacack said:
Hello y'all from frozen Cornwall, UK. I'm havimg trouble posting never mind sailing. Here goes again.....

Does anybody have any tips for stopping any spread of corrosion on Laser Masts – or any alloy masts, for that matter. Mine only have slight patches round a few of the fitting rivets and I don’t want them to get any worse. Perhaps there’s a “magic” solution, if only hot soapy water, that will remove the surface deposits but then what can any one suggest to cover and neutralise the areas and to get under the fittins to where the rivets penetrate. WD40, primer, metal paints ???? ... any ideas?

Thanks,

[FONT=&quot]Alan[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back