Helium?

Lots of fun in this, reminder about Fundamental Rule, a lil bit of physics, and more.
OP Crazy-J says in another thread that he/she's only 14.
I wonder if it might do to take it easy on the OP while still having some fun.

I say focus on figuring out the thing about removing the dark matter, and then apply for a rules change to make it legal. That one's got the most potential, beyond the hydrofoil mod.

Agreed.

I do wish sometimes people read the fundamental rule, which essentially says that everything you think of to change your laser whether it makes it faster or not, is illegal unless there is a specific rule that says you can make that change. ...

AlanD, I can’t 100% agree (but in a likelihood of about 99,9%, perhaps) ... :D

Helium is part of the air we breath ( -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air ) so, it is permitted inside of the hull of a “Laser I ©™”. (Perhaps, we here at my part of the northern hemisphere the air is slightly different, compared to your southern part of the (Aussie) hemishere ;) )

In our claas rules I can't recognize any restriction, regarding to the air concentration (inside of the hull). … :p Perhaps I start a request to "J.L. M" (at FRA)... ??

Regarding to 'SFBayLaser’s' comment: I highly recommend to put a small piece of tape or some marine-silicone “SikaFlex 291” to the breather hole of the hull and to any other deck-hole before or aft you got the Helium, into the hull (especially: such as of the grab rail fixings etc). Take care for the mast collar and the base of the mast step. If you own an old hull: do all of the the tests that guarantee that the mast collar/ -step etc. is 100%-tight! Be aware of the 6 "air"-bags inside of the hull … .Perhaps also use Helium inside of the carbon tiller, carbon tiller extension, upper mast segment / Buoyancyaid (both, as already mentioned above) and: additional at your water bottle(’s). & onboard-food. Fill in the Helium at the breather hole and use a common Helium indicator at the drain plug, at the transom. If the above mentioned indicator (from your chemistry lessons) measures “100% Helium”, you quick close the class legal drain hole by the class legal drain plug, in attachment of some “SikaFlex 291”.

To the so called 'Higgs Boson'* (H.B.): The “LHC” @ “CERN” at Geneva/SUI only found "some new substantial info’s" to the H.B. in Dec 2011!

They definitely found a new Boson called “Chi b(3P)” !!!!!!!!!! The CERN/LHC press media centre told, they are not completely sure of the effect / mode of action of the "Chi b(3P)"-Boson.

But they announced for the "H.B.":
"By the newest (class legal) measurements of 2011", the LHC-scientists (team “Atlas” and team “CMS”) reduced the so called "weight level" for the H.B. to an approx. limit of about 126 “GeV (Giga electron-Volts)”. But, Fabiola Gianotti, scientist of team Atlas told: It’d be to early to say, that the Higgs Boson “is found” ... additional experiments for a prove have to be done.

So:

God got some (small) additional time to be explained ... :p

Cheers!

LooserLu
(neither “rocket expert”, nor a physicist, but just a common civil engineer and recreational sailing GER Laserite … )

* => "What isw a 'Higgs Boson' (in German language only, sorry):
http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~husemann/teaching/2009_ss/exp_teilchenphysik/skript/skript_06.pdf

Back