Has anyone seen this Sunfish foot-well before?

Dsoc

I am looking at an old fiberglass Sunfish tonight. Has anyone seen this foot-well before?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
That is a really old sunfish. Missing all the rudder hardware. Must leak as the hole in the back is not for a standard sunfish drain.

And I don’t see a bailer in the cockpit or aluminum trim around the cockpit lip. Bow handle pulled out. This might be a clone. In any case, it looks like a big project. Hope the price is right (free?)

And I don’t see a bailer in the cockpit or aluminum trim around the cockpit lip. Bow handle pulled out. This might be a clone. In any case, it looks like a big project. Hope the price is right (free?)
Bailer can be seen if you zoom in. Cockpits of Sunfish did not originally have aluminum trim. My money is on this being perhaps a 1964 or so totally legit Sunfish.

Tapered wood mast with bail/hoop gooseneck. Wood spars with main sheet blocks in good condition. Sail is repairable- bent on. Some original hardware eye straps, halyard cleat, very very old swivel block cam cleat?

No obvious damage. Light enough for me to lift it on and off my car roof single handed..

Price was right. I

Never heard of a Fiberglass Sunfish with wood spars before! That center swivel cleat was still offered into at least the early 70s.

This hull cleaned up pretty good. 1964-65? Needs some epoxy repairs on the top . Removed an old epoxy repair on the sidewall. Will be doing a Fiberglass repair then Gel Coat top and bottom. Can anyone tell me where to get color matching paint for the coaming and footwell?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20200926_1854053.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20200926_1854053.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 55

Back