Hampton Roads (VA) Sunfish sailing

I live in Hampton Roads and there are quite a few people around here who sail Sunfish. Last weekend I was out on the river where I live and there were three other fish out there.

I live in OV and am out most weekends if its windy. There are 3-4 other sunfish and a couple sailfish out and about most sat and sundays. Thats my fish in my pic. and if you look close above my bow is someone with the same sail as me going by.

I was wondering if there are Sunfish sailors in the Hampton Roads VA area.
Hi cap'n Ken. We have 24 sunfish on Grandview Island in Hampton that sail off of White Marsh Beach nearly everyday year round. Contact [email protected] if you would like to be placed on our GVI Sunfish Fleet email list to receive information about the activity of the sunfish fleet on Grandview Island.

Hi cap'n Ken. We have 24 sunfish on Grandview Island in Hampton that sail off of White Marsh Beach nearly everyday year round. Contact [email protected] if you would like to be placed on our GVI Sunfish Fleet email list to receive information about the activity of the sunfish fleet on Grandview Island.

You can actually sail off White Marsh Beach? The last time I went down there some moron tried to run me off and told me he was going to call the cops because I was trespassing, and my aunt owns part of it.

I know "that moron" and he does own all of it except the south end, and that little bit belongs to the city. If you want to buy it he will sell it to you. If you want to trespass on it, dump your trash, leave your condoms and dirty needles on his property for his kids to clean up, then do so at your own risk. Or you could join the facebook hate page about him. Your best bet would be to give him your house key and let him hang out and trash your house, that what everyone does to him! Everyone WAS! welcome on his private beach property, until a few bad apples spoiled it for you. And these same people who are now spending there hard earned money suing him because they cant get to the city's 500 ft of beach, would have stepped up and helped him keep it nice, there wouldn't be feud there is today!

Actually that moron doesn't own most of White Marsh beach, he owns one lot, most of which is underwater at high tide. Several members of my extended family actually own most of White Marsh beach and it has been in the family since the 1930s. That idiot bought one lot (most of which is underwater at high tide) and then tried to block access through a easment that had been used by all the other landowners for 70 years. The guy is a complete f---tard. He knew that deeded access was there before he bought it or he should have if he had done his due dilligence or even looked at the plat before buying the property.

I basicly told him to get f---ed because I had permission to go down to my family property down there and that they had a deeded access to cross his part of the beach. He told me he was going to call the cops and have me arrested for trespassing. I told him "go ahead and call the cops." He stomped back to his house and but we stayed there all afternoon and no cops ever showed up to arrest us. LOL

Dinghy Sailors, Racing Fleet Captains, Class Assoc. Presidents:Please mark your dinghy racing calendars and save the date for the Hampton Roads Sunfish Challenge & Dinghy Distance Race.This race, held on September 22, 2012, is a long distance sprint down the Elizabeth River, past the world’s largest naval base to a finish line at the Old Dominion University’s Sailing Center. The total distance is just over 9 miles in length. There will be a Sunfish Class as well as an Open Class, utilizing the Portsmouth Rating System for scoring. Transportation will be provided for trailer and tow vehicle placement. Breakfast and lunch, along with a copiously stuffed, “swag bag” of nautical goodies.So check the Portsmouth Boat Club’s website, www.portsmouthboatclub.org, as well as www.hrsunfishrace.com, for more information and updates.
You can register online for both races, so register early.See you on the water!Jonathan RomeroRace Committee Co-Chair
sunfish logo jpeg.jpg

Back