Grammar and spelling scrap

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
just as it has in the passed, the pore righting makes me grown. Aisle kneat two wright a post and chute it in two the heir. Their aloud but they aught two bee moor care full. I must wine about watt they mist. When they come pose there posts, wood it bee two much too expect our airs who are now almost groan men two chews proper use of sum of hour most basic homonyms ??

Inn summery: Its hi thyme they dew.

Re: Is it really a one design class?

just as it has in the passed, the pore righting makes me grown. Aisle kneat two wright a post and chute it in two the heir. Their aloud but they aught two bee moor care full. I must wine about watt they mist. When they come pose there posts, wood it bee two much too expect our airs who are now almost groan men two chews proper use of sum of hour most basic homonyms ??

Guess what? I don't care!!:eek: Do you have anything more constructive to do then play English teacher. Seriously I'm sick and tired of people putting these stupid comets about grammar. You know what I have to say to you knit pickers? GET OVER IT :eek:

Guess what? I don't care!! Do you have anything more constructive to do then play English teacher. Seriously I'm sick and tired of people putting these stupid comets about grammar. You know what I have to say to you knit pickers? GET OVER IT :eek:
Honestly, I don't see why either of you care. We all love and sail LASERS!!!!!!!! Why can't we all just get along?:eek:

Because when you look at it, It can get pretty boaring of you have long beats. Compare it to a star. a 2" difference in where the crew hikes can make a ENORMOUS difference. You are CONSTANTLY tuning the back stays to adjusting shift. If you dont have that backstay all the way in, your settings are off.

Lasers, you really just get in and go. Its pretty mindless.

Uh, you can't bee, (get it, I said bee) serious. There, (not their) is a lot of technique involved in sailing a Laser. If you think one more inch of extension in hiking in a laser does not make as big a difference in the Laser as a star then ask Andy Campbell's opinion.

Well said.

You too? don't be a grubby little nit picker, it's a number one way to piss someone off when you put some grammar crap about their postings.

Honestly, I don't see why either of you care. We all love and sail LASERS!!!!!!!! Why can't we all just get along?:eek:

I don't care much. I found a neat website with a huge list of Homonyms and I couldn't resist wasting some time.

I do think some of our youngsters would likely be able to secure higher paying jobs if their grammar were more impressive.

Folks with higher paying jobs not only have more funds for sailing, they are more likely to pick up the check at dinner.

If Ross improves his grammar, It may increase the frequency of our encounters over the rest of our lives. He sails. I like big fleets.

It's a win win.

Same goes for the rest of the kids. Better grammar + better jobs = more sailing.

And of course...The reality. If I see dumbass grammar in a post I can't help but think...The writer just isn't all that bright.

I know I probably shouldn't do that but I do.

I see a simple misuse of their / there/ they're and think, "A stupid guy wrote that."

No offense intended. Just hard truth.

and

I know I am NOT the only one who has that prejudice.

Good grammar never hurt anybody.
My smart asses post was intended to help.

really.

And my lousy typing makes me look dumb too...I own that one...

I don't care much. I found a neat website with a huge list of Homonyms and I couldn't resist wasting some time.

I do think some of our youngsters would likely be able to secure higher paying jobs if their grammar were more impressive.

Folks with higher paying jobs not only have more funds for sailing, they are more likely to pick up the check at dinner.

If Ross improves his grammar, It may increase the frequency of our encounters over the rest of our lives. He sails. I like big fleets.

It's a win win.

Same goes for the rest of the kids. Better grammar + better jobs = more sailing.

And of course...The reality. If I see dumbass grammar in a post I can't help but think...The writer just isn't all that bright.

I see a simple misuse of their / there/ they're and think, "A stupid guy wrote that."

and

really.

Hey! Hey! Are you calling me a dumbass?

And besides, hasn't it been said here that we don't need to up to college level proper english? Only that a little bit of punctuation is nice?

This is a supposedly international forum (i.e. not just for the Americans – and not everybody here is a native English speaker. For those who are not native English speakers, please keep posting and congratulations of your efforts. English is a difficult language and whilst some might not appreciate that, for me it is what you are saying not how your are saying it.

I have actually met some people who are exceptionally intelligent and very wealthy who had very poor English grammar (they were French and Dutch). There is more to life than the English speaking US.

[FONT=&quot]Ian[/FONT]

This is a supposedly international forum (i.e. not just for the Americans – and not everybody here is a native English speaker. For those who are not native English speakers, please keep posting and congratulations of your efforts. English is a difficult language and whilst some might not appreciate that, for me it is what you are saying not how your are saying it.

I have actually met some people who are exceptionally intelligent and very wealthy who had very poor English grammar (they were French and Dutch). There is more to life than the English speaking US.

[FONT=&quot]Ian[/FONT]

Here, here! Or is it hear, hear?

Anyway, well said, Ian.

Fred, keep tilting at the grammar windmill for those American kids, especially the frequent posters. Just don't scare off the newbies.

It's a win win.

and

really.

Can you just lay, off it ruins it for everyone when you are b$#ching about everyone elses grammar. Were suppsosed to talk about sailing not rag on peoples grammar.

And besides, hasn't it been said here that we don't need to up to college level proper english? Only that a little bit of punctuation is nice?

We're not talking college level here - this stuff was taught in 6th grade.

Can you just lay, off it ruins it for everyone when you are b$#ching about everyone elses grammar. Were suppsosed to talk about sailing not rag on peoples grammar.

This is a perfrect example of another thing wrong in today's society. Kids, (yes, you guys are kids) having 0 respect for elders trying to offer some advice that will do nothing but help them with their future.

There is nothing like a well written, well thought out document to help you get what you want. When Ross decides to get his campaign in gear he will probably want to send letters to perspective clients/donors/sponsors for his campaign. If they are poorly written he'll have little chance of procuring any money/assistance from those folks.

Why not practice now?

Are you comparing your results from these events as putting you on par with Singsby?

Ain't it Slingsby, Robbo? :D

And is it really a one-design class? (Advanced hyphenating demo)

This is a perfrect example of another thing wrong in today's society. Kids, (yes, you guys are kids) having 0 respect for elders trying to offer some advice that will do nothing but help them with their future.

There is nothing like a well written, well thought out document to help you get what you want. When Ross decides to get his campaign in gear he will probably want to send letters to perspective clients/donors/sponsors for his campaign. If they are poorly written he'll have little chance of procuring any money/assistance from those folks.

Why not practice now?

Don't worry, I use spell check!

My bad. I forgot we are not a "true" OD class!

Ha! I was only meaning to get the thread back on track, and hyphenate. I love to hyphenate. If there is a class that is more truly one design than the Laser, I'd like to hear about it.

Why not practice now?
No ones perfect and you should realize that. I know you probably mean well but we have to remember this is just a forum.:eek:

No ones perfect and you should realize that. I know you probably mean well but we have to remember this is just a forum.:eek:

And a resume is only used to get a job interview. It's just an interview........

I'm saying it's not capital to have perfect grammar on an internet forum. But I do agree it is important in the real world.

CJ, I guess these guys are saying they find it painful to have to look at the carelessness from someone who they believe should know better. It is sometimes a little tough to sort out what someone means and it interrupts the flow of ideas. Of course, if a foreign speaker is doing their best on here, we are just glad to have them. As moderator, it's not a battle I'm fighting. 2 cents.

I'm saying it's not capital to have perfect grammar on an internet forum. But I do agree it is important in the real world.

I'm sorry, but did you mean to say "critical"? :confused:

Just slow down a little. It makes your posts harder to read and understand which, in turn, will get fewer responses to your posts and just open you up to criticism when us old farts can't take it anymore.

Gees... now I remember why I don't come to this forum very often... :(

What a shame you guys are. What a shame.

I come here to learn about, talk about and share stories about Lasers. Not my grandma :D

Back