Goood lawd the weather this weekend....

joe c

banned
Cutting out of work.early today to get in some tiller time. Biggest wind yet for the fish..should be fun!
Screenshot_20220617-111507_Chrome.jpg

Ps...lol....open to rigging tips. No Jens. I'm 180lbs or so. gooseneck at about 18". I'm between 6 and 7 clips down with my halyard. :)

tommorrow for me is 15 gust to 30. Couldn't sail if the weather was nice as I have to fix my car. Sunday might be different.

Envious. I was in the ADK'S last weekend on a 3 day paddle...water's a bit too chilly for me to launch the. Sunfish yet in CNY.....Especially as it is my first time on one.

How did those settings work out?
I guess OK at 180 lbs, but lighter weight sailors could move the gooseneck back further to 20" or so (without the hassle of rigging a Jens)

How did those settings work out?
I guess OK at 180 lbs, but lighter weight sailors could move the gooseneck back further to 20" or so (without the hassle of rigging a Jens)
Seemed good. It was a handful at times. 20mph gusts. Did a lot of working on staying centered. And trimmimg trying not to over dump. I'm really pleasantly surprised at how forgiving it is..it naturally starts to head up as it goes over way more than anything I've ever sailed..(rudder lift?) so I'm working to keep it on course and hiking.. I've also realized I'm way more comfortable on a port tack

I doubt I'll have many chances to be in sunny, 90 degrees, with that wind again, but Ill try different settings next time. I was only out for an hour as it was later in the afternoon. Hehe...some people at the ramp and I watched marine rescue go by with siren going etc.. they were like "you're still going out there huh?"

It goes up because of the curve of the hull in the water when it heels. Hiking strap would help on hiking out farther. Easing the sail to absorb the puff then hiking hard and sheeting back in to sail it flat. When you heel a lot you side slipping a lot.

It goes up because of the curve of the hull in the water when it heels. Hiking strap would help on hiking out farther. Easing the sail to absorb the puff then hiking hard and sheeting back in to sail it flat. When you heel a lot you side slipping a lot.
Ah....totally makes sense. I have a strap on it. I forget the actual shape of the hull is banana shaped.

Back