Good day

Rawson

Well it was my B-day a month ago
But i just walked outside to find a brand new laser radial in the drive :D :D
Couple of questions
1.To slip sail over mast do you lay it on concrete or on boat so that it is clean?
2. How do you rig a cleating system for a carbon tiller(ie how to tie it down with the rope.
3.Its 9 knots, is that a good windspeed to first use a new sail?

Thx

Happy birthday, and congrats on the new boat!

When I put my sail on, I always lay the bottom of the mast on something clean, usually a towel. The I take the sail, hold the mast up, and start slipping it on. You should hold the mast at about a 20-30 degree angle initially, slowly increasing this as you move down the sail. This is mostly a personal preference on how you put the sail on, but the main thing for me is keeping the sail off the ground (or anything that can tear it for that matter), and keeping everything free of dirt/sand/rocks etc.

I'm not 100% sure what your asking in your second question, but I'll try anyway. Are you asking how you cleat your uphaul from your rudder to your tiller? If you are, most tillers come with a cleat on them already, so it should be as simple as putting the boat in the water, and cleating it off tight when you have enough depth under your boat.

I'm don't have a background with breaking in sails, so I'd wait for somebody else to answer. Once again, congrats!

congrats on the new boat mate.

i have the daft carbon tiller tie down thing, i just tie a random loop thing as i don't know how ur ment to get a purchase on it wiv so little space.

whats ur sail number?

mines 182618

183445 :D
I use roosters tiller and its got a random little plastic bit
Hes got info on his site so that sorted that out
Thx for the rigging tip

Back