Going from Recreation to Racing

luffingalong

I would like to upgrade my Sunfish to the racing sail and centerboard. These parts are rumored to be hard to get with some dealers having lengthy back orders. Any suggestions for the best sources for the sail and centerboard? Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check with my local dealers and go further afield if they don't have the racing sail and centerboard in stock.

If you are just going to be doing club racing, third party parts are fine, and nobody will complain. A lot of people that I race with are using parts from Intensity. Their sails are pretty good, and their dAggerboard is identicaal

Reactions: tag
If you are just going to be doing club racing, third party parts are fine, and nobody will complain. A lot of people that I race with are using parts from Intensity. Their sails are pretty good, and their dAggerboard is identicaal
But if you want to attend a Regional championship or other higher level event, your boat should be 100% 'legal'.

I have a new glass daggerboard (bought too many last year) in a never opened box for $325 + shipping.
You can pay me by check or PayPal.
dinghyone at att dot net

Back