go sail by steve sleight (book & DVD)

tag

my2fish
I picked this up from my library a few weeks ago, and finally put together my review of it.
9781405315050.jpg

the book: first off – this book is loaded with absolutely amazing nautical photography. there are great general shots of sailing mixed in throughout the book, as well as close-ups of various sailboat parts and gear (sometimes a tad abstract!), and pictures annotated with diagrams and comments to explain the various ins and outs of a sailboat and sailing in a clear and concise fashion.
the DVD: overall the DVD was fantastic – well put together, with Steve Sleight doing the voice-over, providing great commentary to explain the step-by-step procedures required to complete most of the necessary maneuvers while sailing. the DVD was a perfect length – about 30 minutes – so that an appropriate amount of time was spent explaining each maneuver, but things were not drawn out too long to make the subject matter boring or slow to watch. each maneuver and tactic was shown for both the 1-person Laser and the 2-person RS200, and the role of both the helmsman and crew were explained for the 2-person RS200.
I had to have my library borrow this through their library inter-loan program, so this book and DVD combo might be hard to come by, but it is definitely worth finding a copy to borrow and experience for yourself.
cheers,
tag

Back