Getting into racing, need some hardware help

Hey!

I’m getting into racing my laser in local club races and I have some issues.

1. For sail numbers below 10,000, would you put a 0 for the first digit or leave it as 4 digits.

2. If you couldn’t tell by the last question, my boat has metal gudgeons. They are old and bent, and I’d like to replace them. Is there anywhere you can get new ones? How difficult/risky is it to drill new holes for the plastic ones?

3. Are there any resources that show how long each line should be? I’m working on getting a race cunningham+outhaul and I need to order line.

Thanks!!!

Hey!

I’m getting into racing my laser in local club races and I have some issues.

1. For sail numbers below 10,000, would you put a 0 for the first digit or leave it as 4 digits.

2. If you couldn’t tell by the last question, my boat has metal gudgeons. They are old and bent, and I’d like to replace them. Is there anywhere you can get new ones? How difficult/risky is it to drill new holes for the plastic ones?

3. Are there any resources that show how long each line should be? I’m working on getting a race cunningham+outhaul and I need to order line.

Thanks!!!
1 leave as four digits
2 very easy job just fill holes with Silicon.
3 Get in Touch with West Coast Sailing or Collie Sails or One Design sailing.You will need to let them know if you are rigging your Vang,Cunniingham and Outhaul either old school or updated version

1 leave as four digits
2 very easy job just fill holes with Silicon.
3 Get in Touch with West Coast Sailing or Collie Sails or One Design sailing.You will need to let them know if you are rigging your Vang,Cunniingham and Outhaul either old school or updated version

Sounds good, thanks.

Back