Gelcoat rejuvinator........

At the $88 "buy it now" price for four 4 oz. units, this stuff is very expensive and I am guessing mostly a wax product. West Marine and 3-M both market a couple of fiberglass restorer products that are a combination of slightly abrasive rubbing compound with wax that can be applied by hand or with a power buffer and they both work well (at a fraction of the cost of this product.) I have used the 3-M product with very good results. But, to be honest, I have never use this product and maybe it's as good as they claim - if there is a genuine "money back if not satisified" guarentee, maybe it is worth a shot (just watch out for the non-refundfable "shipping and handling" charges as they do add up.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Was gonna try and find just one 4 oz. bottle.( don't need 4) I'm not that familiar with the products you've used. Its just surface scratches i'm dealing with. Do you have any more info. on the West Marine or other products?

Thanks in advance, Moe

I agree with Alan. A trip to your local West Marine store, if you are lucky enough to have one, will give you a lot of more economical products that will do the same thing.
Like he said they are basically some form of rubbing compound and may include wax.
We've found over the years that REALLY faded gelcoat (especially red) needed redoing or painting as we ended up going through the gelcoat without ever "bringing back the color/shine"

Try getting some T-Cut colour restorer , it's brilliant. I had a faded 70s Sunfish with a red deck & it took some elbow grease , but it worked a treat. I have before & after photo's , but I can't seem to download them.

Back