Gave my Sunfishes a leak test. Only got a few bubbles.....

shorefun

I have a larger sized hand pump used to inflate inflatable matresses. You hold the base with your foot and pump. It moves a lot of air at low pressure. I find you can adapt the end to fit various drains on the sunfish. I picked up the pump at a garage sale for dollar or so. Them might also be found at thrift shops. We like keeping the costs down when we can!
FWIW, I have an air compressor that can make a lot of air. Sometimes the better tool is a simple hand tool. I figure it will be much harder to hurt the fish by hand.

I mixed up some bubble stuff, lots of receipes out there. I did some dish detergrent and glycern.

Had my son pump while I sprayed. You just have to listen for the air coming out of the vent to know you have pressure.

Found I need to redo the combing on my older sons fish. Looks like one or 2 rivets have pulled through the glass at one end.
My younger sons fish is kind of beat up, but it only had a minor leak at one combing rivet. I was expecting problems at the trunk and few other places. Seems I did good repairs last year. Even the barely held in rear drain did not leak.

Looks like easy repairs this season. Minor bow work and combing on my older sons fish.

Back