Fuel tank table

kdub

I have been enjoying the summer so far with the Capri. I have been out in some fun wind, and I have also had some very calm days where I was happy to have my 4 hp Evinrude. Ever since I got the motor I have been constantly trying to improvise a great way to secure the fuel tank in the boat. I didn't want to add anything too permanent because it is nice to sail without the weight of the motor and fuel occasionally. I finally dreamed up what I think is a great solution and began building it on Sunday. The varnish is drying and I will take some pictures and post them later today or tomorrow. I am very happy with the way this project turned out and am looking forward to doing a capsize drill later this week to see how well all of my stuff stays in place.

I have been enjoying the summer so far with the Capri. I have been out in some fun wind, and I have also had some very calm days where I was happy to have my 4 hp Evinrude. Ever since I got the motor I have been constantly trying to improvise a great way to secure the fuel tank in the boat. I didn't want to add anything too permanent because it is nice to sail without the weight of the motor and fuel occasionally. I finally dreamed up what I think is a great solution and began building it on Sunday. The varnish is drying and I will take some pictures and post them later today or tomorrow. I am very happy with the way this project turned out and am looking forward to doing a capsize drill later this week to see how well all of my stuff stays in place.
The table is held in place by heavy duty velcro and it works great. The fuel tank is in place, accessible, and if removed no hardware or holes are left behind. I also have a spot to put stuff like lines and a life jacket or two that are accessible but secure and out of the way.
View attachment 9872
IMAG0222.jpg
IMAG0223.jpg
IMAG0224.jpg

I bought a trolling motor and deepcycle battery and fashoned a set of tie downs in the cubby to store them when not needed. I only pull them when the winds fail to bring me home. I've not tested it but I'm confident the rig will hold in a capsize.

Back