Frostbitting

hey then my town is big fun i sail wednesday thursday friday saturday and sunday in the week we have winds of 15 to 23 knts and its strange cause in weekends we have no darn wind well about 7 knts if you are lucky but weekends is when i sail all day but most of the time is boring but in the week is really big fun

last weekend was supposed to be 25-30 kts, its was windy, and i sailed (but i dont think it was quite 30 kts! :p). It picked up some more and was a steady 30 kts (i think). I wouldv gone out, but there was no safety boat cover :(

Its annoying - most racing is done in mindy conditions, you have to be good in medium to heavy weather to do well in big events. Thats why ive really concentrated on heavy wind sailing.

If your rigging is good enough - yes, if not, well my cuninghap needed a bit of repair on the sunday and a batten popped out - since then ive replaced my traveler and one of my cuningham ropes! :)

Modern ropes wont snap unless they are heavily abraded/worn through. (A 2mm dyneema rope (like my cunningham primary) will lift an average family car.)

but ropes break at the points where they are being compressed - if you dead-end your control lines then thats reducing the strength at that point, and i wrap my lines around the kicker connection to the mast which wears the ropes

Back