Frostbite Racing at Barrington RI Starts Sunday, Oct. 24

58984 EW

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying their post-summer sailing season (not the off season). The Barrington Frostbite Association is about to kick into gear, with the first of 16 Sundays of sailing starting this weekend – Oct. 24 – at the Barrington (RI) Yacht Club.
There is no better way to get better at racing quickly than to join us on the Barrington River. Races are short, and time on the water is limited to a few hours each week. This time of year is fantastic, as there is almost always a nice breeze, the water is still warm, and the fleet is a lot of fun.

I urge anyone who is even remotely interested in racing with us to come on down on Sunday. If you bring your boat now, even if you don’t race this week, you can leave it there for the winter (for a nominal fee), so that if you wake up some Sunday morning in the winter and realize it’s 65 degrees and you are stuck at home with a boat buried under a tarp in the mud then all you have to do is hop in your car and shoot down to Barrington. If nothing else it’s a great way to keep the winter blahs from overtaking your existence as much as they otherwise might.

The NOR and schedule are now posted here: http://barringtonyc.com/racing/frost/

There are some changes to the rules this winter, so the race committee and fleet captain are urging competitors to arrive early for a skippers meeting before sailing (I think that means we’ll meet at about 11:45 a.m.)
- Eric

Back