French Laser sailor looking for a correspondent

BONNIER

Hi,
My name is Martin and I am 16 years old. I live in Nantes, which is located on the west coast of France. I am in the equivalent of 11th grade in High School with a strong focus on sciences and mathematics.
My favorite hobby is sailing especially on Laser sailboat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_(dinghy)). I have been practicing this activity for a while now and at the moment I am member of the 2nd best French club (SNO). This year I'm working hard in order to qualify for the French Championship in 2012 and therefore I train twice a week not counting competition a few week ends a year.
I would very much like to improve my fluency in English and therefore I am looking for someone who would be interested in a language exchange too.
I would like to find someone who might share my interest in sailing and with whom I could spend the month of July 2012 (2 or 3 weeks works too) . Then we could arrange for him to come, at another period, in France for a month and stay with me and my family.
The aim is not only to improve my English level but also to discover another country, another culture and establish a relationship between our families.

Martin BONNIER
[email protected]
[email protected]
+ 33 667 453 001

Hi,
My name is Martin and I am 16 years old. I live in Nantes, which is located on the west coast of France. I am in the equivalent of 11th grade in High School with a strong focus on sciences and mathematics.
My favorite hobby is sailing especially on Laser sailboat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_(dinghy)). I have been practicing this activity for a while now and at the moment I am member of the 2nd best French club (SNO). This year I'm working hard in order to qualify for the French Championship in 2012 and therefore I train twice a week not counting competition a few week ends a year.
I would very much like to improve my fluency in English and therefore I am looking for someone who would be interested in a language exchange too.
I would like to find someone who might share my interest in sailing and with whom I could spend the month of July 2012 (2 or 3 weeks works too) . Then we could arrange for him to come, at another period, in France for a month and stay with me and my family.
The aim is not only to improve my English level but also to discover another country, another culture and establish a relationship between our families.

Martin BONNIER
[email protected]
[email protected]
+ 33 667 453 001
Good evening Martin,
My wife and I are both teachers. I teach high school biology and my wife teaches middle school art. I sail a Laser and Snipes and race locally. We live in Wichita Kansas on thirty acres with a great dog and a fine cat. If you would like to stay with us and sail everyday (or as often as you like) we would be happy to have you. I'm fifty two years old, but still "in good shape." I'll be sailing my Laser a lot this summer. I'm going to a Sailfit seminar in Clearwater Florida this March and will be working hard to improve my boatspeed etc. I could easily find you a Laser to sail here at little or no cost. We have access to two nice lakes, one ten minutes from our house and one 30 minutes away. *We could work together on Lasers as much as you like. If you wanted, I'de be happy to take you about wherever you wanted to go to race in regattas in this part of the country. (the midwest) I'm off for summer holiday all of June and July. We have plenty of room for you here and there are nice students your age around to hang out with when you want too.
Feel free to give us a call, e-mail or what have you with questions. It's simply an open invitation. I'm happy to hear you are interested in visiting the United States and learning english.
*My wife and I travel a lot and are always open to new adventures. We've been to Portugal, Holland, Spain, Germany, Austrailia, India, Canada, Mexico, etc.
Cheers,
Tedd & Janet in Kansas

Good evening Martin,
My wife and I are both teachers. I teach high school biology and my wife teaches middle school art. I sail a Laser and Snipes and race locally. We live in Wichita Kansas on thirty acres with a great dog and a fine cat. If you would like to stay with us and sail everyday (or as often as you like) we would be happy to have you. I'm fifty two years old, but still "in good shape." I'll be sailing my Laser a lot this summer. I'm going to a Sailfit seminar in Clearwater Florida this March and will be working hard to improve my boatspeed etc. I could easily find you a Laser to sail here at little or no cost. We have access to two nice lakes, one ten minutes from our house and one 30 minutes away. *We could work together on Lasers as much as you like. If you wanted, I'de be happy to take you about wherever you wanted to go to race in regattas in this part of the country. (the midwest) I'm off for summer holiday all of June and July. We have plenty of room for you here and there are nice students your age around to hang out with when you want too.
Feel free to give us a call, e-mail or what have you with questions. It's simply an open invitation. I'm happy to hear you are interested in visiting the United States and learning english.
*My wife and I travel a lot and are always open to new adventures. We've been to Portugal, Holland, Spain, Germany, Austrailia, India, Canada, Mexico, etc.
Cheers,
Tedd & Janet in Kansas

Martin, I am looking for a book about how to sail a laser in the French Language... do you kinow of any? Sam Chapin/USA and I don't speak or read french.

Back