What's new

Free parts

jfyiii

New Member, old sailer
Price $
State
PENNSYLVANIA
I am cleaning the basement and found these parts from an old sunfish.
Free to anyone who will pay the shipping or pick them up in macungie Pa or ocean city Nj

4E2002CA-2981-41DD-B3B4-5968CF24BF6A.jpeg0
4E2002CA-2981-41DD-B3B4-5968CF24BF6A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
CaptainLarry,
I really only NEED the vertical pin and the deck drain currently. Since you’re in need of everything else for your restoration (I’ve seen your posts and admired your progress) I’ll pass along the rest of the hardware to you at the same price- free.
still waiting for a reply from jfyiii, maybe he/she can package and mail them separately?

aptainLarry,
I really only NEED the vertical pin and the deck drain currently.
Are you referring the carriage bolt? I've got an outstanding order for the 1/4-20 x 8" in silica bronze at Green Boat Stuff. It was about $15, but they are having supply chain problems, so I'm still waiting. I'll let everyone know at my thread if/when they come through.

Another case of post and ghost, I hope not. I have not found another source for that bolt.

Weston

Are you referring the carriage bolt? I've got an outstanding order for the 1/4-20 x 8" in silica bronze at Green Boat Stuff. It was about $15, but they are having supply chain problems, so I'm still waiting. I'll let everyone know at my thread if/when they come through.

Another case of post and ghost, I hope not. I have not found another source for that bolt.
It looks like Alan Glos had the carriage bolt. Did you see the photo in part #4 above?

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
It looks like Alan Glos had the carriage bolt. Did you see the photo in part #4 above?
Thanks, Weston.
Alan, it looks like that carriage bolt has a clear plastic tube over it- is this the tube to keep the rudder more secure? I do have a carriage bolt, but it is slightly bent. If I had a vice I might straighten it, but I’d be interested in buying yours, if it’s still available.
Looks like $10 plus shipping to 06032, please :)

Alan S. Glos

Breeze Bender,

The plastic tube serves as a bushing that holds the carriage bolt snug in the molded-in fiberglass channel and helps to prevent premature kick-up for the rudder blade. It is easy to straighten a bent bronze carriage bolt. Just chuck it in a vice and tap it straight with a small hammer. I can sell a (straight) carriage bolt with wing nut and plastic tube for $10 + postage.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

signal charlie

Staff member
That tube helps prevent side to side movement of the carriage bolt and subsequently movement of the latch plate on the keel. The transom channel was put in for the fiberglass boats, on the wooden boats the carriage bolt went through the wooden transom and it didn't have a wiggle problem.

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
Breeze Bender,

The plastic tube serves as a bushing that holds the carriage bolt snug in the molded-in fiberglass channel and helps to prevent premature kick-up for the rudder blade. It is easy to straighten a bent bronze carriage bolt. Just chuck it in a vice and tap it straight with a small hammer. I can sell a (straight) carriage bolt with wing nut and plastic tube for $10 + postage.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY
That’s great, Alan. I’d straighten my own, but don’t own a vice! And I could use the tube as well so for $10+postage to 06032 I’ll take it, thank you! I’ll get my bent one straightened somewhere down the line as a spare. Email sent.

Last edited: