What's new

Free junky 1978 Sunfish hull - good for parts, even fix-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price $
State
MINNESOTA
I have a beat-up 1978 Sunfish hull to give away. (Dad thought he'd fix it...) Reasonably intact but with three inspection ports cut into the deck and quite a bit of crazing on the gel coat. A bit of the metal trim missing, no coaming, no metal plug for the deck drain. Does have the deck handle, bridle, bailer, etc. Located in west central Minnesota.

Martinrem

I have a beat-up 1978 Sunfish hull to give away. (Dad thought he'd fix it...) Reasonably intact but with three inspection ports cut into the deck and quite a bit of crazing on the gel coat. A bit of the metal trim missing, no coaming, no metal plug for the deck drain. Does have the deck handle, bridle, bailer, etc. Located in west central Minnesota.
I need a Perham winter project
When and where in Battle Lake is it available?

I need a Perham winter project
When and where in Battle Lake is it available?
We're 8 miles north of Battle Lake on Blanche Lake, Woodlawn Resort. We're closed for the season and no one's around, but the hull is sitting behind the garage by the propane tank on a couple sawhorses. You'd be welcome to pick it up. My husband says that he took some of the hardware off because he thought we were taking it to the dump - the bow handle and stuff - but he kept them so we could give them to you in May, along with the coaming and some spare metal trim. The hull looks pretty rough but you're welcome to see if you want to tackle it.

Martinrem

Hi
Just picked up the boat. Now starting to look at structure to see if manageable to repair.
What functional parts do you have that I could get in the spring?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.