Foil shape

mixmkr

I was kinda surprised with my new glass daggerboard how thin it is...especially compared to blades on other boats I've seen. Granted it looks VERY nice but the skinny-ness seems to inhibit a proper foil. ...at least the pictures of proper foils I've seen. Granted I know nothing really about foil shapes. And its SO light weight too. My old "woodie" is a beast in comparision....both in weight and girth

Should be close to 3/4" thick at it thickest spot. At the Worlds in Italy a while back the new daggerboards they made were too thick and they had to shave them down overnight for the racers. If you have the daggerboard that has a hand hole, these are plastic and not fiberglass. They are foam filled with some steel rods inside. Usually called coat hanger daggerboard as the steel eventually rusted and would show thru the surface.

Yeah its about that thickness...but just a small area at best as the taper starts quickly from this point. The top trunk area part definitely is. This is a like new but used Intensity board so Im sure nothing is weird about the shape.

I wonder who makes the intensity blades.

Ha...I roll tack at my age and I go in the drink, back first!! Actually I come pretty darn close though.

Back