Fleet near Washington Dc

Deleede

Anyone, know whether there is a fleet near DC? When have two Capri's and sail on the Potomac, but think it might be fun to race with others.

I will have a Capri next spring at Washington sailing marina. I would be interested in meeting up. Don't have much experience in the boat yet, but have raced a little before.

I just got my Capri (mod 1 #977) and have been working on getting it ready to sail. I am looking forward to sailing on the Potomac down by the marina but will probably make my madden voyage on Lake Anna the first weekend of April (assuming the weather is good.) The great thing about lake Anna is we have friends that own a house on the warm side of the lake so we can get in there before the Potomac/Chesapeake waters warm up (without wet suits.)

Anyone, know whether there is a fleet near DC? When have two Capri's and sail on the Potomac, but think it might be fun to race with others.

Hello! I was curious if you've been able to get your fleet off the ground in DC? I certainly hope so as we need to see more active fleets. I've recently gotten three owners together to form the North Texas fleet. A fourth is on the way and I plan to get our class involved in the summer racing series on Lake Grapevine.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Dave
Charlabud

Back