Fixed (Riveted) Gooseneck

Thread starter #1
Has anyone converted their sliding gooseneck (see top, right pict) to a fixed, riveted, gooseneck(see top, left pict). What parts did you use?

I'm thinking of using the parts for the Capri 16.5 (bottom pict); the Capri's at UCLA Marine Aquatics Center have something similar. Any thoughts?