First road trip -> ABYC for midwinters

mackconsult

Alamitos Bay Yacht Club Feb 20 & 21st in Long Beach!!!! So looking forward to it ..... was 76F down there today and sunny.

Taking the sprinter van with WVO & utility trailer with laser & covers loaded on it. Wife gave me the OK last night :eek:).

This will be the first time I have road tripped my sprinter van on WVO so it will be a test. Planning on camping the whole way there and back. Can have a cot set up in back, propane catalytic heater, and will have the alcohol stove and lantern handy for cooking.

Will leave Thursday night after work and make my way south. Camp out some were hopefully in Northern California. Get up some what early and continue south hopefully getting to ABYC early enough to get one little sail in.

Any one else planning on going?

Delighted to learn you will be visiting us! I hope we have the warm temps you're thinking about as it is winter (or what we call winter in LA) here, but we had a good time with our fellow Laser Masters last year.
See you at ABYC,
Steve Smith
ABYC Laser Fleet Co-Captain

Yeah, its got to be warmer than up here. Currently 40 and raining hard.

Delighted to learn you will be visiting us! I hope we have the warm temps you're thinking about as it is winter (or what we call winter in LA) here, but we had a good time with our fellow Laser Masters last year.
See you at ABYC,
Steve Smith
ABYC Laser Fleet Co-Captain

ABYC is over 1500 miles each way for me. Every time I have made the 3000 mile jaunt it has been well worth it.

Worst comes to worst I will drive out and go to some large chain grocery store and sleep in their parking lot. My van doesn't look like a camper :D.

Parking is extremely limited at abyc. but i bet you could camp easily if you got a street spot. most of the day parking spots are accross the street in the municipal lot (abyc will give or sell you a pass) but im pretty sure youd have to get your ride outta there at night. I've car camped in my truck at many venues on the west coast and always figured out way to make it work. i guess being a veteran of several phish tours always helps! :D

Niiiicccce. I did phish down in the gorge this summer :D.

If they come again here in the gorge we should hookup. We can stop by cascade locks with our boats and do some laser training.

Worst comes to worst I will drive out and go to some large chain grocery store and sleep in their parking lot. My van doesn't look like a camper :D.

Any Wal-Mart would welcome you with open arms. They want RVers to stop overnight in their parking lots (and shop in their stores).

Parking is extremely limited at abyc. but i bet you could camp easily if you got a street spot. most of the day parking spots are accross the street in the municipal lot (abyc will give or sell you a pass) but im pretty sure youd have to get your ride outta there at night. I've car camped in my truck at many venues on the west coast and always figured out way to make it work. i guess being a veteran of several phish tours always helps! :D

Have you been sailing in Canada recently?

Re: First road trip -> Masters Championships @ mission bay

Oh well. I am going to cancel on ABYC.

I am know going to do WVO down to masters championships April 24-25.

mack you should hit up richmond for the mww...

ps- any word on a phish 2010 summer tour?

torrid, no canucker sailing recently, why do you ask?

Back